The Quebec Public Library Association (ABPQ) is the leading association representing public libraries in Quebec. The ABPQ is made up of more than 168 members, for a total of more than 310 independent libraries serving nearly 82% of Quebec's population.
BIBLIOPRESTO is a non-profit organization that supports libraries with digital tools and services. BIBLIOPRESTO mainly manages the following projects: PRETNUMERIQUE.CA, BIBLIONUMERIQUE.CA, REPONSEATOUT.CA, BIBLIMAGS and Alphanumérique.
The ABPQ and BIBLIOPRESTO, located in the same premises, in Montreal, are looking for an accounting technician to monitor the accounts of both organizations. The sharing of the task will be clearly defined between the two organizations.
The Accounting Technician assists branches and project managers with administrative accounting functions such as bookkeeping, payroll, billing , paying bills, preparing financial reports and all related tasks.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of internal monthly financial statements;
- Billing processing (partners and suppliers);
- Entering accounting data (payroll, benefits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.);
- Preparation of financial reports for various funders or granting agencies;
- Preparation of bank reconciliations;
- Preparation of GST and QST returns
- Collaboration with the auditors for the annual review and submission of files;
- Updating vendor, client, and member files;
- Data entry;
- Other related tasks.
- 35 hours a week
- Time shared 50/50 between the two organizations
- Start of employment: September 2019
- Annual salary between $ 38,000 and $ 42,000
- Social benefits range (health account, RRSP contribution)
- Office in Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie borough, Montreal
- College diploma in accounting (finance option) or related discipline completed;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Mastery of the complete accounting cycle;
- Excellent command of spoken and written French;
- Mastery of the Office 365 suite and Simply Accounting software (essential);
- Good sense of organization, ability to manage multiple files simultaneously;
- Priority management, autonomy and open-mindedness, dynamism, positive attitude, sociability, ability to work alone and in teams.
We invite you to send your resume by email before August 16, 2019, to the following address:
We would like to thank everyone who has an interest in the Quebec Public Library Association and BIBLIOPRESTO. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.