(Work place: Lévis)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a finance and general accounting technician, you help manage financial accounts in accordance with the organization’s objectives by producing reports; performing audits, inspections and financial simulations; and analyzing risks, profits and losses. In addition to ensuring financial performance, you help plan and review budget processes. You help manage and control the organization’s accounting systems by gathering, processing and recording financial data to accurately reflect the organization’s economic activity. You assist with product and service pricing and financial engineering, financial market transactions, and tax law analysis (including payroll).You serve as technical expert and provide discipline-specific support for your unit’s activities, initiatives and processes. The ability to tailor your approach as needed is therefore essential. You research and analyze processes, information management and data processing.You draw on your sound decision-making skills to solve technically complex problems and recommend ways to change or adjust methods and procedures to make them as effective and efficient as possible.
- Provide technical support for projects and complex operational issues
- Carry out specialized technical studies, research and analysis. Serve as resource person for the submission of solutions and action plans
- Roll out and maintain software and manual and automated processes. Train users
- Prepare technical notes to enhance the skills and knowledge of users and their teams
- Help professionals in your unit develop their skills. Identify training needs and follow up as needed
- Help practitioners follow your unit’s standards and processes and use its business solutions, tools and systems.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma in a related field
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Situational adaptability
200, rue des Commandeurs Lévis
General finance and accounting (FG)