11530 | Senior underwriter surety
Looking for new challenges to match your skills and aspirations? Join a dynamic team working in a work environment with exceptional human qualities, in a context of stimulating intervention.
You'll take on the following business challenges:
- The incumbent provides and oversees the management of the files assigned to his work team and the issuance of surety bonds.
- Analyze, document, recommend and authorize according to the procedures, standards and directives in place the new files received and the files already active in its portfolio (renewal of annual appropriations):
- Review the analysis work done by the analysis technician;
- Document the analysis charts and risk rating of the file;
- Authorize and / or recommend to the immediate superior the conditions required (limits, pricing, guarantors, etc.) for opening or renewing a file.
- Process, document and authorize bond requests:
- Analyze bond requests submitted by brokers for contractors;
- Document, recommend and authorize requests according to the control procedures in place;
- Transmit approved security requests to issuing brokers.
- Authorize, depending on control procedures and margins delegated by the Underwriting Director, reviews of file reviews and special requests that exceed the authority assigned to an underwriter.
- Seek out creative solutions to complex problems, taking into account the risk management of the file.
- Create close ties and participate in business development with bond brokers.
- Inform the records manager with financial and / or non-financial issues.
- Visit the contractors.
- When problems are addressed to the surety, make front-line interventions with brokers, contractors and beneficiaries.
- Actively participate in underwriting committees and recommend areas for improvement.
- Perform other related tasks agreed with the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting Option with a minimum of 7 years of contract bonding, commercial credit or banking experience for companies with sales over $ 15 million.
- Good analytical and synthesis skills.
- Good ability to negotiate and make decisions quickly.
- Good ability to work with short deadlines.
- Excellent command of Office suite software, especially Excel.
- Master the spoken and written French language.
- Fluency in English is an asset.
* Selected candidates will have to pass an accounting test.
Do you fit this description? So apply now by sending your resume to Jérémy Muller at