Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets as at December 31st , 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Development Analysis
Position type: Contract (approximately 24 months)
As the Senior Project Accountant, you will provide support to the Southgate Shopping Centre and Sears Redevelopment team. This is an exciting long-term contract opportunity, which reports to the Director, Development Analysis. You will assist in the preparation of all financial and other data required in the monthly reporting of the Southgate Shopping Centre and Sears Redevelopment project. Utilizing key analytical skills including budgeting, financial analysis, cost control, accounting and forecasting you will assist in the reporting of financial analysis of this construction project.
Specific duties include:
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of the Monthly Financial Review report;
- Prepare elements of the Monthly Financial review; comprehensive analysis on key components of the development, identifying key issues impacting profitability;
- Creation and management of monthly cash flow models;
- Attend development meetings as required;
- Assist in the maintenance of project forecasts (Forecast at Complete) during construction;
- Process all invoices; check for accuracy, compare to contracts as necessary, code all invoices, ensure proper approval received and assist with invoice payment process;
- Prepare and provide financial information and reports as required; including quarterly reporting, monthly cashflow reporting;
- Provide financial data to various departments including Insurance, Property Taxes, Finance, Operations and Legal;
- Understand and comply with key control measures to ensure safeguarding of funds, including identifying relevant policies of developer and Ivanhoe Cambridge;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly partner equity funding requests;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of project costs and ensure accuracy of financial reports;
- Assist with closing the final project proforma cost and profit return, reconciling accounting records for the completed development project, and providing data to various departments, as required.
- A business degree or diploma is necessary; a CPA designation is considered an asset;
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, cost control, accounting and forecasting knowledge;
- Advanced Excel skills is necessary - highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (financial modeling);
- Familiarity with Argus Enterprise software is considered an asset;
- Understanding of financial concepts including IRR, NPV and Market Value related to real estate development;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to be an independent thinker and self-motivated with exceptional communication and organizational skills;
- Minimum of 3-5 years commercial real estate experience is ideal.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.