Success and steady growth since its founding.
Our client, a leading global manufacturer and distributor in Montreal, is looking for a Senior Manager, Business Modeling and Finance to join their dynamic team.
The role: Senior Manager, Business Modeling and Finance
The Senior Manager, Business Modeling and Finance, will be responsible for providing the sales and marketing teams with insightful observations and analysis to maximize revenue and profitability opportunities for the company. He oversees profitability by account, contract or key customer segment and ensures that all relevant sales and marketing data is integrated into accurate demand forecasts.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing two teams in the execution of their mandates.
We are looking for candidates with a customer-driven approach, excellent analytical skills, self-reliance, and experience leading high performing teams.
You will act as an agent of change that works across the organization while creating and building an open and collaborative culture focused on achieving the best results.
More specifically, the candidate will be called to:
Power sales and marketing teams with actionable insights:
By managing team analyzes and reports, monitoring and compiling internal and external datasets, and presenting observations and conclusions.
- Analyze datasets to understand market, sales and profitability trends;
- Present observations to sales and marketing teams to maximize profitable growth;
- Help sales and marketing teams capture the ROI associated with investments and marketing and sales programs;
- Recommend changes in structure and programs, as needed, to maximize ROI;
- Leverage CRM technology to track the productivity of the sales team and identify business opportunities and potential customers;
- Support marketing and sales in establishing competitive pricing principles relative to the market while maximizing the company's bottom line;
- Key participant in developing sales and account plans for the annual budget process.
Oversee the profitability of key accounts, segments, or contracts:
By reviewing the performance of top and bottom results against targets and recommending corrective actions to sales and marketing executives.
- Establish KPIs, dashboards and other tools to track sales against budget, forecasts and chart of accounts;
- Highlight underperforming accounts and segments, risk areas and competitive exposures with corrective action proposals to sales and marketing managers;
- Support sales negotiations by providing information on the impact on profitability, possible structures (discount programs, special market prices, etc.);
- Review contracts, terms and conditions ofcustomers.
Maximize the process for having the right inventory in the right warehouse at the right time:
Ensuring teams have entered all the necessary data and variables into the demand forecast.
- Ensure a smooth flow between sales and marketing inputs and demand forecasts;
- Responsible for achieving forecast accuracy goals.
Manage and develop human capital in both teams:
Developing personal relationships with their direct reports while motivating them to give the best of themselves.
- Clarify team mandates and structures to improve their sales and marketing service delivery;
- Motivate, coach and develop team members;
- Create professional development plans for all direct reports;
- Evaluate performance against objectives.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in sales, management consulting or business and data analysis;
- Professional title: MBA; CPA, CA or CFA (an asset).
- Experience in the medical industry (an asset);
- Experience with CRM - Sales Forces (an asset);
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills;
- Bilingualism (French, English);
- Advanced skills with the Microsoft Office suite;
- Some expertise with ID, CRM and programming tools (an asset);
- Excellent understanding of the financial statements (balance sheet, income statement) and ability to assess the ROI or added economic value of business lines, customers, and sales and marketing programs.
- Ability to establish good working relationships;
- Strong leadership and people skills to positively influence team, peers, clients and cross-functional roles;
- Ability to compile large amounts of data and draw actionable conclusions;
- Superior organizational and planning skills to facilitate project management;
- Ability to identify risks and mitigation plans;
- Presence and ease in presentations to senior executives.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompany all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.