(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As senior IT governance, risk and compliance advisor, you help prevent, analyze and develop guidelines for suspicious and fraudulent transactions. You also assist with compliance, internal controls, crisis management and the security of personal information and property.You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives
- Identify, analyze and diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies
- Represent Desjardins Group’s position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
- Assist in the launch of the various audit mandates
- Validate the audit program at the beginning of each new mandate
- Check whether compliance requests are complete and intelligible
- Submit evidence to the auditors via the Archer tool (compliance module)
- Analyze compliance gaps and shortcomings issued by the auditors and develop action plans accordingly
- Track the implementation of these action plans and inform the Compliance team of any changes
- Coordinate the cross-sector teams in implementing their action plans
- Make sure that operations changes comply with Desjardins Technology Group rules
- Inform the Compliance team of any situation that is potentially non-compliant.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of six of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- CRISC, ISO27001, ITILv3, CISA, CISSP and COBIT certification (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Specific knowledge Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
1050, Côte du Beaver Hall Montréal
Risk management (FG)