(Work place: Complexe Desjardins Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As an expert internal auditor for prudential regulation and risk management, you will provide the organization with assurance regarding internal controls and sound risk management practices.
You will assess the efficiency of measures implemented to carry out the strategic plan. In this way, you will help create added value for the organization. You will contribute to strategic and complex mandates concerning, among other things, integrated risk management, continuous monitoring for Basel accreditations and other auditing mandates entrusted to your sector.
You will take on a leadership and influential role in these auditing mandates and other initiatives. You will serve as the DGMO content specialist and resource person for the various subjects related to the insurance sector.
You will make recommendations on the planning and delivery of files/projects with a very high degree of operational and conceptual complexity that require a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of the business. Coordination will be critical, meaning you will be required to interact with a large number of stakeholders who are experts in a variety of fields.
You will mainly work on engagements with prudential governance document compliance, management and organization, financial and non-financial risk management and meeting the associated reporting obligations.
You will also have the opportunity to carry out or contribute to assignments related to prudential model auditing and balance sheet risk management. Therefore, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills.
The Desjardins Group Monitoring Office (DGMO) carries out strategic and national audit mandates in various sectors such as risk management, treasury, securities, capital markets, capital management, finance and risk data. In addition, it carries out mandates on insurance risk management and our organization’s compliance with the Basel Accords and ORSA.
- Help plan and carry out internal auditing work in accordance with the annual plan.
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization’s activities in order to arrive at an independent appraisal of the risk management, control and governance processes. Make recommendations on the quality of activities, as applicable.
- Present the results to the managers and officers responsible for audited activities.
- Monitor the application of the action plans prepared by the managers, following the release of the internal audit reports.
- Provide opinions, by means of advisory mandates, on governance, risk management and project management.
- Demonstrate an interest in developing your knowledge of IT risk.
- Participate actively in the ongoing monitoring of the business sectors by developing risk scenarios that must be followed and analyzing data.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Montréal or Lévis according to the candidate's preference
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of six year of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in econometrics, computational finance, mathematics, or statistics (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a CFA or an FRM/PRM designation (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Thorough understanding of and familiarity with the roles of the three lines of defence in a financial institution
- Knowledge of Basel II and III
- Knowledge of regulatory and Bank for International Settlements (BIS) guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of the internal control framework of a financial institution and the Basel Accords and their integration into our corporate model in accordance with Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) prerogatives
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Interpersonal Savvy, Persuades, Strategic mindset, Trust
150, rue des Commandeurs Lévis
General finance and accounting (FG)