Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Finance and Accounting, Office
Position type : Contract (12 months)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Lease, Administration and Collection, the incumbent is in charge of collections for all Quebec office properties managed by Ivanhoé Cambridge. He or she works closely with property management teams to coordinate recovery efforts.
- Daily deposit of cash receipts;
- Daily entry and verification of deposit batches;
- Handle communications with tenants regarding any outstanding payments (rent, tenant/client services);
- Daily review of the accounts receivable reports for progress & action;
- Maintain the appropriate follow-up logs with the collection efforts and status of the accounts;
- Answer property managers’ questions about rent and adjustments;
- Work closely with the property management teams to coordinate recovery efforts;
- Reconcile tenants’ Account Receivable accounts as required;
- Send invoices, account statements and rent structure information to tenants and clients;
- Reconcile the general ledger each month for designated accounts;
- Track security deposits and bank letters of credit monthly;
- Perform a monthly reconciliation for select general ledger accounts;
- Set parameters for the information from leases, unit inventories and charts of accounts in the various computer systems;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- College diploma (DCS) in finance or business administration;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in credit collection;
- Familiarity and ease with computer systems;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English, a must;
- Organized and autonomous;
- Strong organizational interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a past paced team environment;
- Good analytical skills and basic accounting knowledge;
- Flexible work schedule;
- High energy with a positive learning attitude.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.