General Dynamics Defense Products and Tactical Systems - Canada Inc. (GD-OTS Canada) is a world-class creator and manufacturer of ammunition tailored to the needs of the armed forces and police agencies. The company has a workforce of 1,200 employees in Quebec.
As a leading contractor and ammunition system integrator, GD-OTS Canada is designated by the Government of Canada as the center of excellence for the maintenance and future development of an industrial defense capability for production , technical know-how and ammunition research.
We are currently looking for a senior buyer with more than ten (10) years of sourcing experience in our Repentigny office.
You will report to one of the Supply Chain Managers and will be responsible for the procurement activities of one of the major purchasing commodities in accordance with the set cost objectives, quality standards and requirements. delivery.
Specifically, the buyer's mandate involves the following challenges:
- Ensure the supply of components, raw materials or goods and services according to the needs of the company;
- Find and maintain sources of supply;
- Obtain the most advantageous purchasing conditions for the company;
- Negotiate and put in place commercial agreements with our main suppliers;
- Submit price requests;
- Analyze, negotiate, grant and track orders and contracts;
- Find solutions to supply problems in cooperation with other parts of the business;
- Find and implement cost reduction opportunities;
- Track the performance of its suppliers and provide feedback;
- Measure, analyze, carry out action plans and provide follow-ups (as needed);
- Perform other related tasks.
You stand out by your negotiating skills and you control purchase agreements, send us your resume.
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Group Insurance
- Group RRSP
Hold a Bachelor's degree in Administration: Operations Management or Supply Chain Management or a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering;
Have more than ten (10) years of sourcing experience in the manufacturing sector;
Bilingualism (French-English) spoken and written is essential.