Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Portfolio Construction & Management
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Director, Portfolio Construction, the incumbent is responsible for preparing various quantitative reports to facilitate in-depth portfolio analysis and ensure data entry. He or she contribute in developing analytical tools.
Contribute to the definition of portfolio analysis methodology:
Conduct analyses that incorporate the macroeconomic aspect and econometric models of the research team;
- Perform real estate and portfolio impact scenarios;
- Break down portfolio by return and risk factors;
- Evaluate the risk/return ratio in financial terms and set out an approach with a factor-based risk budget, minimum-variance portfolio and an allocation by country, city, etc.;
- Develop portfolio construction tools and databases;
Contribute of the implementation of the benchmark portfolio and update it over time:
Proceed with research of portfolio construction;
- Incorporate quantitative elements and aspects of fundamental analysis into portfolio construction.
- Prepare ad hoc reports on asset classes;
- Enter the information required to populate, update and calibrate portfolio construction tools and databases;
- Carry out portfolio simulations based on various scenarios and analyze the findings;
- Produce portfolio analyses and scenarios;
- Develop market and new product analyses as needed;
- Contribute and update Asset and Investments modelling system.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or another related quantitative discipline;
- Graduate degree in finance or CFA candidate, an asset;
- Two to four years of experience in financial analysis;
- Experience in the real estate sector, an asset;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Considerable skill in programming and statistical modelling;
- Working knowledge of R, Python and/or MATLAB programming languages;
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL;
- Knowledge of Power BI tools, an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken French;
- Good working knowledge of English;
- Methodical and committed to meeting deadlines, with strong analytical and processing skills;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work productively in a constantly changing environment.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.