Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Portfolio Construction & Management
Position type : 12-month contract minimum
Reporting to the Senior Director, Portfolio Construction, the incumbent is responsible for inputting information and preparing various quantitative reports to facilitate in-depth portfolio analysis. He or she aids in developing analytical tools.
- Enter the information required to supply, update and calibrate portfolio construction tools and databases;
- Improve and regularly update business plan modelling;
- Carry out portfolio simulations based on various scenarios and analyze the findings;
- Use, help develop and monitor tools to measure risk/return ratios of the portfolio and proposed transactions;
- Perform a qualitative analysis of proposed investments and sales. Simulate and quantify the impact in terms of returns and portfolio risk;
- Serve as the owner of the deal flux application and oversee technological developments with the IT group;
- Oversee the process to update the deal flow tool;
- Continuously monitor the Company’s transactional data, up to and including the closing, and ensure the accuracy and consistency of the information used, in line with the Company’s standards and practices;
- Conduct portfolio simulations as part of strategic planning operations;
- Produce portfolio analyses and scenarios;
- Optimize the use of electronic tools by automating certain tasks and suggesting improvements to existing processes;
- Answer ad hoc questions about the portfolio.
- Undergraduate degree in finance;
- Graduate degree in finance or CFA candidate, an asset;
- Two to four years of experience in financial analysis;
- Strong written and spoken communication skills;
- Experience in the real estate sector, an asset;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Knowledge of Power BI tools, an asset;
- Working knowledge of MATLAB and/or Python programming languages, an asset;
- Familiarity with valuation software (ARGUS), an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken French;
- Good working knowledge of English;
- Methodical, commitment to meeting deadlines and strong analytical and information processing skills;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work productively in a constantly changing environment.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.