Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Residential and Hotels
Position type : Salaried
The team is responsible for all investments related to the acquisition and use of residential properties in North America and Europe in accordance with the Company’s strategic plan. It also identifies investment opportunities with the potential to earn the Company better risk-adjusted returns.
The incumbent assists managers and the investment team in actively managing the real estate portfolio. To this end, he or she conducts analyses, issues recommendations and executes real estate investments in target markets in collaboration with strategic operational partners. Main duties include the following:
- Prepare, analyze, validate and test detailed financial forecasts and cost-benefit studies for co-investment projects;
- Analyze market research information and determine market trends in order to validate financial underwriting assumptions;
- Validate assumptions with other departments within Ivanhoé Cambridge (legal, tax, risk, portfolio management, etc.);
- Participate in the due diligence process of investments and adhere to the Company's governance standards in terms of keeping records, files and supporting documents for investment-related decisions;
- Prepare investment recommendation summaries for various internal committees of Ivanhoé Cambridge and/or the Caisse de depot et placement du Québec, as appropriate;
- Support investment managers in analyzing potential real estate transactions in the residential sector as well as other types of transactions (asset, corporate, secondary stocks, private funds, etc.).
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Help the team manage the assets in order to maximize their returns and ensure compliance with various investment agreements in accordance with the business practices of Ivanhoe Cambridge;
- Analyze and interpret financial reports and monthly/quarterly management reports in connection with approved business plans and budgets and issue the appropriate recommendations;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders with regard to financial and management information;
- With the team, attend management meetings and maintain strong business relationships with the Company's partners;
- Help the team implement good governance and ensure partners’ compliance with the appropriate control mechanisms for obligations laid out in legal agreements;
- Prepare the analyses and documents to be presented to the Company’s different committees for approval;
- Analyze the annual operating and capital budgets, appraisal reports and business plans for all designated assets;
Analyze, study and evaluate asset disposition opportunities and issue relevant recommendations to the team;
Visit properties, in accordance with the schedule established with the immediate supervisor;
- Facilitate the sustainability of financial and management systems and data; make recommendations to ensure that systems, tools and processes meet the business unit's needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; master’s degree in a relevant discipline is an asset;
- Three to five years of related experience in a similar position, including experience in financial analysis, transactions and real estate management;
- Professional title (CFA or CA) an asset;
- Knowledge of commercial real estate and related documentation;
- Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English with strong business writing skills;
- Expert-level proficiency in Excel (financial modelling), Word and PowerPoint software;
- Availability for local and international travel on short notice;
- Availability to work a flexible schedule;
- Outgoing and energetic;
- Detail-oriented and proactive with excellent analytical and processing skills.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.