About our client
Our client, BRP, is looking for a Senior Analyst – Financial Information Certification (SOX) to join its team of motivated and innovative professionals located in Montreal or Valcourt, Estrie.
Life at BRP
We create innovative ways to move – on snow, water, asphalt. In the air, on the ground and everywhere in between.
Built on a 75-year tradition of ingenuity and intensive customer focus, BRP is headquartered in the Canadian town of Valcourt, Quebec and operates manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Finland, and Austria. We have a total workforce of more than 12,500 driven, resourceful people.
Our portfolio of industry-leading and distinctive products includes Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft, Can-Am on- and off-road vehicles, Alumacraft and Manitou boats, Evinrude and Rotax marine propulsion systems as well as Rotax engines for karts, motorcycles and recreational aircraft. We support our lines of product with dedicated parts, accessories, and clothing business to fully enhance your riding experience.
Because it’s not about the destination. It’s about the journey. Yours! We are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP, you will evolve within an experienced team that will welcome you with open arms.
The locationLife in Estrie – An ideal marriage between the city and the outdoors!
More than a job located in the region, you will also have the pleasure of discovering life in Estrie:
- It’s cycling circuits
- It’s three tourist routes
- It’s many microbreweries and gourmet experiences
- It’s breathtaking landscapes and gardens
- It’s Villages Hearts – 13 emblematic villages and towns that beautifully outline the features of the region
A work environment adapted to current issues and which promotes balance while maintaining a strong collaborative spirit thanks to a combination of telework and face-to-face.
- Part-time teleworking possible: For this position, the employee will have the option of teleworking at the rate of 2-3 days/week regularly (except if certain occasional projects would require to be physically on the premises of job).
- So, whether you are in Estrie or near Montreal, you will have the possibility of teleworking!
- Relocation: Possibility of reimbursing certain costs related to the relocation and additional services to support you during the process.
The strategic role: Senior Analyst – Financial Information Certification (SOX)
Reporting directly to the Chief – Financial Information Certification and Process Improvement, you will be able to gain an overview of the financial processes of a large company.
This role will allow you to discover, acquire and use several skills and knowledge related to the accounting cycle and the publication of financial information of a public company.
You will also have the chance to work together with the various global finance teams to promote the improvement of the quality of financial information in addition to helping to put in place best practices in terms of internal control in a SOX context and ERP system implementation.
Thanks to your strong analytical skills, your rigour, your project management skills, your leadership and your interpersonal skills, your mandate will consist of:
- Integrate yourself into your department and role while developing trusting relationships with different stakeholders
- Assume responsibility for some of the organization’s operating cycles, identifying areas of risk at different stages of financial information preparation and working with different teams to find creative, effective solutions to such risks
- Familiarize yourself with the requirements pertaining to Regulation 52-109, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and internal control documentation methods.
More specifically, your tasks will consist of:
- Identify, define, and evaluate existing internal controls to meet certification objectives
- Proactively identify issues presenting a risk to the certification of financial information
- Coordinate control testing in each of our divisions
- Support each division’s Financial Information Certification teams
- Participate in the continuous improvement of processes with managers from the finance function and other functions
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration or an MBA
- Have a minimum of 3 to 7 years of relevant experience in SOX process review
- Have worked in a public company (an asset)
- Having worked in an accounting firm (Big 4) (an asset)
- Bilingual (English and French) both orally and in writing
- Excellent knowledge of SOX
- Experience with SAP (an asset)
- Be thorough and have a very good analytical mind supported by a great capacity for synthesis
- Possess excellent multitasking skills and adequately identify priorities by managing them effectively
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and demonstrate great professional rigour
- Show passion – Have an interest in the company, its products and its customers
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to surpass oneself
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent collaborative skills to support the various local and international divisions
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and our Website
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential.
We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.