Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Planning & Financial Analysis
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting Transactions, Treasury, the incumbent is responsible for producing budgets and forecasts for the debt and derivatives portfolio as well as conducting regular comparative analyses. He or she also administers treasury systems, models financial reports and builds data analytics frameworks.
- Understand and identify key terms, conditions and financial restrictions in financing documents;
- Input all necessary parameters for corporate and real estate debts into the treasury system to ensure proper and accurate tracking;
- Administer treasury data in the data mart, ensuring its integrity;
- Model a treasury dashboard using Power BI;
- Implement a new treasury system;
- Conduct checks to reconcile loan statements and treasury system data;
- Manage the annual budgeting process for the debt and financing portfolio in collaboration with the financing, portfolio construction, budget and returns teams;
- Conduct quarterly analyses to identify variances between budget and actual figures, and compare with the previous quarter;
- Prepare reports to populate dashboards for presentations to various committees;
- Adjust the yearly forecast for financing expenses based on real estate, debt and capitalization transactions;
- Respond to requests from external auditors during the year-end process;
- Carry out other tasks as needed to assist the Manager, Accounting Transactions, Treasury, and the team with their duties.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting;
- CPA or CFA designation, an asset;
- Five or more years of relevant experience in financial analysis in a corporate environment;
- Experience in a multi-currency environment with complex legal structures, an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Power BI and Power Query;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Easily adapts to change and enjoys learning;
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a team and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to multitask.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.