Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Finance Corporate Accounting
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent is responsible for helping investment teams in the various steps involved in implementing acquisition and disposition deals. He or she oversees all aspects of international financial reporting standards (IFRSs) and financial disclosure requirements. He or she analyzes and reviews complex complex accounting treatments and ensuresthat statutory financial reporting is IFRS-compliant. He or she is also tasked with maintaining accounting standards and policies as well as control matrices and financial certificates.
- Serve as a subject-matter expert and work with investment teams at every step while acquisition and disposition deals are coming together;
- Gain a detailed knowledge of transaction-related agreements; review or carry out consolidation analyses and establish the accounting method for acquisitions and new investments in cooperation with the investment, tax, portfolio building, risk management and legal affairs (transactions) team;
- Analyze and make recommendations concerning the financial aspects of due diligence;
- Conduct or review analysis and make recommendations concerning complex accounting treatments;
- Share relevant information with Corporate Services’ Accounting team in a timely manner so they can onboard new investments effectively;
- Review and circulate accounting policies;
- Monitor accounting standards and best practices in the industry;
- Train Corporate Services’ Accounting and Consolidation teams on new standards and significant changes;
- Prepare documentation on new accounting standards and impacts for the Company affecting the Controller, the Vice President, Finance and Accounting Operations, and members of the audit committee;
- Update the structure of the IFRS audited consolidated financial statements and draft the corresponding notes;
- Review IFRS financial statements from a disclosure perspective;
- Coordinate the preparation of various reports required for governance purposes;
- Maintain, update and monitor control matrices and financial certificates in accordance with COSO standards;
- Coordinate the implementation of a tool to help track internal controls and financial certificates, and ensure regular updates.
- Seven to nine years of relevant experience;
- Experience in investment transaction accounting, an asset;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with CPA designation;
- Solid knowledge of Canadian and international accounting standards;
- Excellent analytical skills and a talent for processing and interpreting complex information;
- Good prioritization and multitasking skills; ability to work independently and perform under pressure;
- Ability to establish productive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization;
- Strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Confidently innovative, creative and comfortable in challenging the status quo;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.