(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10À titre de conseiller principal en risques opérationnels, vous exercez un rôle-conseil et d’accompagnement auprès de la clientèle dédiée et partenaires dans le cadre de divers mandats d’intervention dans votre domaine d’activité.
You will lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives will require extensive knowledge of your specialty area.
You will help carry out or lead operational risk analyses and work related to operational risks.
You will make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you will interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
This is an opportunity to work for a dynamic team, where collaboration is critical to our success. Our team is part of a learning environment in which we are committed to helping members grow by offering them a learning path in terms of knowledge, know-how and interpersonal skills.
- Carry out cross-sector operational risk analyses as a member of the second line of defence, with a particular focus on third-party risks (suppliers and partners), in coordination with experts in various risk areas, business sectors and support functions. Identify and analyze problems. Raise any major issues. Diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives.
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit's strategic projects and initiatives.
- Identify and analyze major problems and issues. Diagnose major issues and make recommendations to decision-making bodies.
- Participate in work aimed at improving practices.
- Represent your unit before decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins's position when making agreements with external partners and organizations.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available : 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Knowledge of oral and written English at intermediate level
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Complexity, Interpersonal Savvy, Plans and aligns, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Risk management (FG)