(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10As a senior operational risk advisor, you help prevent, analyze and develop guidelines for suspicious and fraudulent transactions. You also assist with compliance, internal controls, crisis management and the security of personal information and property. You lead development projects and strategic initiatives that are complex and innovative. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your specialty area. You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in many other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential. You serve as specialist advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for decision-making bodies.
More specifically, as a senior operational risk advisor, you are the preferred business partner dedicated to monitoring and supporting operational risk management for an executive division. You anticipate and keep abreast of new trends and you project a risk outlook from your reading of the environment. You are able to adapt your practices and ways of working to various stakeholders. You are also able to deliver high-quality presentations to executives.You must identify and analyze problems, raise any major issues, develop diagnostics and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies concerned.
As part of the strategic projects and initiatives for which you are responsible:
- Monitor and act as a specialist for the work produced by the first line of defence and foster ties with units making up the second line of defence (e.g., Compliance, Financial Governance) for:
- Risk profiles, including specific risks (e.g., third-party risks, information technology risks, fraud risks);
- Analysis of the root causes of risks.
- Help the first of line of defence identify the experts required to manage a specific event or need, and find solutions.
- Act as specialist advisor and produce specific, in-depth analyses of your sector (executive division) for the units, stakeholders and applicable decision-making bodies.
- Represent your unit when interacting with decision-making bodies and making agreements with external partners and organizations.
Other working conditions
- Lieu de travail: Montréal ou Lévis, selon la préférence de la personne retenue
- Nombre d’emploi disponible : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of six year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Professional accounting designation (CFA, CIA, CPA) (an asset)
- Risk management sub-certification (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Extensive knowledge of banking operations
- Knowledge of technology risk
- Knowledge of COSO and ERM
- Advanced proficiency in English (oral and written)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Differences, Interpersonal Savvy, Persuades, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
Risk management (FG)