(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10The Governance and Performance Department is a cross-sector department within the Property and Casualty Insurance IT Division. It acts as a bridge between the Property and Casualty Insurance business sectors and the IT sector that supports them.The department intervenes at the divisional level regarding aspects such as the implementation of and compliance with orientations relating to IT risk management and regulatory compliance, as well as the oversight and integration of cross-sector initiatives and performance indicators relating to information security.As Senior Advisor, Operational Risk and IT Compliance, you're proactive and able to make recommendations about the files you're handling. You apply your analytical skills and overall understanding of the business and the organization.Coordination is critical, so you interact frequently with stakeholders working in a wide range of fields. You therefore need highly developed interpersonal skills and must be able to engage others in order to achieve targeted results.You demonstrate analytical skills while being dynamic, proactive and able to work under pressure. Furthermore, your curiosity and solution-oriented approach are of undeniable value.With a constant focus on organizational alignment and performance, and especially on providing added value for members and clients, you naturally influence your colleagues in a constructive manner through your position.
General Information on the Position
- Plan, implement and monitor activities associated with the division's annual compliance assessment exercises (e.g., SOC1, SOC2, PCI, financial governance).
- Help carry out internal and external audits.
- Challenge IT risks and exemptions related to information security and help develop the associated action plans.
- Support the assignment, processing and follow-up of vulnerabilities.
- Increase the operational teams' awareness and support of best practices and adherence to the aims that have a direct impact on compliance results.
- Establish high-quality communication channels with the division's IT teams, cross-sector Business and IT compliance teams, and security teams.
- Handle ad hoc tactical initiatives stemming from management requests.
Other working conditions
- Workplace : Montréal or Lévis according to the candidate's preference
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of six year of relevant experience
- Experience in an auditor role (asset)
- Experience in a role requiring a strong ability to see the big picture and to be thorough
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of information technology
- Knowledge of information systems management
- General knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework for insurance or the financial sector applied to IT operations
- Knowledge of PCI/SOC1 standards and IT financial governance processes
- Intermediate proficiency in English (spoken and written)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Customer Focus, Differences, Nimble learning
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy, Plans and aligns, Strategic mindset
6300, boul. Guillaume-Couture Lévis
Risk management (FG)