(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11As a Senior Advisor - Market Risk Quantification, you assist with analysis, research and development to recommend risk management and supervision strategies and priorities.You lead and influence development projects and complex, highly innovative strategic initiatives involving multiple sectors. You help develop and recommend strategic directions and business positions. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field.You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You serve as expert advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for senior management and decision-making bodies.
Scheduled service interruption : We will be performing maintenance on the Desjardins online recruitment tool from 12:01 a.m. on December 7 to 7:00 a.m. on December 9. During this time, you won’t be able to apply for this position. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Maintain and develop financial instrument measurement in the value-at-risk (VaR) calculation system.
- Maintain and develop methodologies/positions regarding value-at-risk (VaR), stressed VaR (SVaR), incremental risk charge (IRC) and crisis simulations.
- Advise and assist clients and partners with the positioning, planning, development, execution and follow-up of various strategic mandates under your responsibility.
- Oversee the development and updating of policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and mandates.
- Identify and analyze problems. Raise any major issues. Establish diagnoses and make recommendations to the decision-making bodies involved.
- Represent your unit in dealings with senior management committees and decision-making bodies.
- Represent Desjardins when negotiating and committing to agreements with partners or external organizations.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Hold a master's degree (an asset)
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Professional designation such as CFA, FRM or PRM (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of market risk management
- Knowledge of financial instruments
- Knowledge of RiskMetrics or other VaR calculator
- Knowledge of Basel Accords, of the OSFI capital adequacy requirements and of the AMF
- Strong communication skills in both French and English, both oral and written
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Complexity, Interpersonal Savvy, Resourcefulness, Strategic mindset
1170, rue Peel Montréal
Risk management (FG)