Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Internal Audit
Position type : 18-month contract
Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit, the Senior Advisor, Internal Audit, acts as project lead for a dynamic, innovative team with management practices that foster a healthy work-life balance.
Main duties include the following:
Operational audits and advisory services
Plan and carry out the operational audits laid out in the internal audit plan and provide advisory services as requested by internal clients:
- Analyze the business processes of Ivanhoé Cambridge, its subsidiaries and partners;
- Identify risks that could significantly impact the activities in question and find controls to mitigate them;
- Conduct methodical analyses of governance, processes, controls and risk management;
- Use data analysis techniques to identify trends and at-risk areas, detect anomalies and corroborate results;
- Analyze problems encountered and identify underlying causes;
- Propose recommendations or creative improvements that add value and are tailored to the business reality of the auditee or internal clients;
- Generate clear, concise, cogent reports for internal clients and senior management.
Project management and collaboration
- Use an agile approach to project management to deliver designated projects; ensure goals, budgets and deadlines are met to the satisfaction of internal clients and auditees;
- Provide guidance and assistance to fellow team members with their designated projects;
- Establish and cement strong business relationships with auditees and internal clients;
- Coordinate oversight duties to improve internal audit practices;
- Help with other team tasks as requested by the supervisor.
Monitoring and ongoing improvement
- Become more familiar with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s corporate, investment and property management activities, gaining a cross-disciplinary understanding of operations.
- Monitor trends in the real estate sector and track shifts in internal audit and advising best practices;
- Propose innovative new practices and implement new tools and work methods for the Internal Audit team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, accounting or a related field;
- CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE designation, an asset;
- Five to ten years of internal auditing experience at a leading financial institution, investment management firm or real estate firm;
- Familiarity with property management and related risks, an asset;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English;
- Keen sense of initiative, agility and adaptability in a constantly changing environment;
- Analytical mindset with a talent for solving complex problems;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Teams);
- Proficiency in Excel and/or data analysis/visualization tools (IDEA, PowerBI, etc.);
- Curiosity and business sense;
- Aptitude for producing recommendations and reports;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to influence others and win their support;
- Meticulous, organized and self-motivated;
- Available to travel within Canada and abroad up to 10% of the time.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.