(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-11Reporting to the Director, Expertise Centre and Financial Planning, you support SFL wealth management advisors as well as Desjardins Financial Security independent networks (including DFSIN) to advise their clients on estate planning. The person in this position is responsible for developing financial strategies using an integrated approach to meet the needs of affluent and high net worth business clients. In addition to helping develop comprehensive financial plans for the Expertise Centre, you provide financial and estate planning support, training and resource materials for advisors working for Desjardins Financial Security and its subsidiaries. You actively contribute to the team’s performance by sharing your knowledge and by being involved in improving our processes.
- Draft integrated financial plans for our advisors’ mass-affluent and high net worth clients with a complex financial and tax situation, i.e., be able to make recommendations in the 7 areas of financial planning
- Provide advisors with written reports based on extensive research on complex financial planning topics.
- Act as a leader in your field of expertise within the team.
- Identify stakeholders’ needs and propose strategies that meet their specific needs.
- Attend meetings and conference calls with advisors and/or clients to address complex issues related to their situation.
- Support advisors by answering specific questions on all aspects of financial planning.
- Develop training programs and resource materials on subjects pertaining to tax, estate and financial planning matters.
- Act as a resource person for financial and tax planning within the network and contribute to the visibility of this service, both internally and externally.
- Help improve tools and our processes.
- Promote the benefits of financial, tax and estate planning across the SFL/DFSIN network.
Other working condition
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in finance, law, actuarial sciences or taxation, or a specialized graduate diploma in taxation (A.S.A., M. Fisc, DESS) or have completed the CPA Canada in-depth tax course
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold the IQPF financial planner designation (Pl. Fin.)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Proficiency with Office Suite computer tools
- Knowledge of wealth management and various insurance products (an asset)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Action oriented, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Customer Focus, Drive results, Innovation, Interpersonal Savvy
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
General finance and accounting (FG)