Our client, a large company, is looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Advisor to actively contribute to the success of the business and collaborate with a team of professionals who are ready to make their mark and innovate.
ROLE: Senior Advisor, Financial Reporting
The Senior Advisor, Financial Reporting acts as an accounting standards expert, actively participates in the drafting of the IFRS consolidated financial statements and provides accounting analyzes and recommendations to identify the impacts and guide the strategic decisions of the group. the Company, including its subsidiaries.
The selected candidate will be called to:
- Plan and implement projects to implement new IFRS standards
- Ensuring the coherence of IFRS implementation projects with the strategic orientations of the company
- Assess the impact on the company's consolidated financial statements, including the resulting new disclosures
- Perform normative watch to ensure that the company meets its IFRS obligations
- Proposing changes to the consolidated financial statements based on the obligations
- Maintain essential procedures and processes to ensure that financial information complies with IFRS standards
- Contribute actively to the writing and review of notes to quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, proposing transaction-based enhancements or changes, if applicable
- Lead the planning and oversight of complex accounting processes such as annual impairment tests or business acquisitions
- Assist the consolidation team in the monthly and quarterly closing process
- Proactively advise senior management and the various segments of the company on accounting positions related to complex transactions
- Propose recommendations to senior management based on detailed quantitative and qualitative analyzes
- Act as a business partner of different sectors in day-to-day transactions, while ensuring compliance with company policies
- Review new business agreements to suggest appropriate accounting
- Plan and direct, as required, training activities relative to Head Office and Sector IFRSs based on the Company's standard development or transactions
- Actively collaborate with external auditors in audit problem solving
- Holding of a recognized accounting title (CPA)
- Bachelor in Administration, Accounting or Finance Option
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in public company or large accounting firm
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS standards
- Knowledge of the consolidation and resolution of complex accounting issues
- Mastering the MS Office suite, including excellent command of Excel
- Proficiency in both official languages both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance, Longview (consolidation system)
- Knowledge of Spanish
- Excellent skills for analysis and communication
- Acute sense of priorities and excellent ability tosupport a team in its management of priorities
- Ability to challenge, innovate and take initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and build good relationships with different functions
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompany all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.