Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Internal Audit
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Director, Internal Audit, the Senior Advisor, Data Analysis, Internal Audit, is responsible for the data analysis program, working as part of a dynamic, innovative team with management practices that foster a healthy work-life balance. The incumbent helps promote data analysis, continuous improvement and innovative technologies within the department .
Main duties include the following:
- Develop and execute the department’s data analysis program;
Identify and subsequently act on opportunities to analyze and visualize data at every phase of the audit process, advisory assignments and special department projects:
Identify relevant data related to current and future needs; coordinate data extraction and updates in the source systems, in collaboration with the IT Department;
- Expertly contribute to audit and advisory engagements by putting forward and executing data analysis scripts designed to increase the quality and efficiency of audits, in accordance with industry standards and changing practices;
- Analyze and interpret outcomes of data analysis scripts; review outcomes with managers of audited units and make recommendations;
- Develop data visualization reports (e.g. Power BI) to present information in a credible, compelling way;
- Help with other team tasks as requested by the supervisor .
Monitoring and ongoing improvement
- Become more familiar with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s corporate, investment and property management activities, gaining a cross-disciplinary understanding of operations and the corresponding data ;
- Monitor trends in the real estate sector and track shifts in best practices in data analysis, new technologies and internal audit ;
- Propose innovative new practices and implement new tools and work methods for the Internal Audit team ;
- Carry out special projects and strategic initiatives for the department;
- Coach and guide other data analysis team members;
- Establish and cultivate constructive business relationships with auditees and internal clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, business administration, management, accounting or a related field ;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, and data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., IDEA, Power BI);
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of SQL; experience with DAX, Python and R, an asset;
- CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE designation, an asset ;
- Five to ten years of experience in internal auditing and/or business intelligence at a leading financial institution, investment management firm or real estate firm ;
- Solid understanding of industry best practices, especially those related to data modelling and standardization;
- Familiarity with property management and related risks, an asset;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English;
- Keen sense of initiative, agility and adaptability in a constantly changing environment;
- Analytical mindset with a talent for solving complex problems and formulating recommendations;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, OneNote, Teams);
- Curiosity and business sense;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to influence others and win their support;
- Meticulous, organized and self-motivated;
- Available to travel within Canada and abroad up to 5% of the time.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.