About our Client
Success and constant growth
Our client, a leader in the technology field and experiencing sustained growth, is looking for a Regional Controller to lead the North American accounting team.
This dynamic company has been in business for over 40 years and has established itself as a leader in the technology field while offering renowned consulting services to its loyal and diversified clientele around the world and in all fields of activity.
You will have the opportunity to join this dedicated, ambitious, and innovative company that provides unparalleled customer service while developing the full potential of its employees.
Culture and Values
Winner of numerous awards and recognized for the excellence of its services
Our client is committed to excellent customer service, employee development, teamwork, and an engaging work atmosphere. They offer a dynamic work environment in an ever-changing industry. You will join a friendly environment that encourages you to use your professional skills while allowing you to add new strings to your bow.
Our client also stands out with a multitude of awards for excellence and an employee-driven social program.
Reporting to the Regional CFO, the Regional Controller leads and oversees the North American accounting team. He is responsible for the monthly accounting closing process, financial reporting, and analysis to support the company's decision-making processes and acts as a financial liaison with the Regional CFO, FP&A, and Global Finance.
He ensures a timely accounting close process to enable the presentation of monthly regional consolidated financial statements and analysis to management. In addition, he develops and implements harmonized financial processes and tools according to given action plans and actively develops the required skills within the accounting team.
The Regional Controller will play a key role in the regional finance team.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Produce monthly and year-end financial statements for multiple legal entities with different currencies, including regional consolidation.
- Lead the preparation of periodic financial reports and month-to-month analysis, balance sheet documentation as well as ad hoc analyses.
- Responsible for financial reporting procedures to ensure accurate and quality information for strategic and operational decisions.
- Plan, organize, and review activities of the accounting team including customer billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit and collections, assets and inventory, commissions, and cash management.
- Lead the year-end audit process for the region, ensuring financial statements comply with generally accepted accounting standards and practices; interact with financial auditors.
- Promote the use of common and harmonized processes and tools across the region based on best practices/strategies.
- Collaborate and align with FP&A and Global Finance to provide advisory support to planning initiatives through financial analysis and management information, reports, and recommendations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and ensure all internal controls and procedures are in place and effective.
- Supervise a team of 14 people in Canada, the United States, and Mexico
- Participate in other special projects as required for the growth of the company.
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a multi-site environment and international operations
- Experience managing a full-cycle accounting team
- Good knowledge of IFRS standards
- Knowledge of SAP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Demonstrated management skills
- Ability to foster employee performance and development
- Decision-making skills
- Initiative and autonomy with a strong sense of responsibility
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Organized and rigorous
- Act as an agent of change
Follow TALINKO on LinkedInand visit our Website
Only the people selected for an interview will be contacted. We support the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a recruitment firm of middle and senior executives also offering support in the recruitment of members of the board of directors or advisory committee. We operate in different business sectors.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice against the feminine form.