Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets as at December 31st , 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Development Quebec
Position type: Contract (2 years)
Specific accountabilities :
As the Project Accountant, you will provide support to the Development team in charge of all shopping centres in the province of Quebec. This is an exciting long-term contract opportunity, which reports to the Development Analysis Manager, Retail. You will assist in the preparation of all financial and other data required in the monthly reporting of development projects. Utilizing key analytical skills including budgeting, cost control, accounting, reporting and management you will assist in the reporting of financial and budgeting analysis of this construction project. Specific duties include:
- Process all invoices; check for accuracy, compare to contracts as necessary, code all invoices, ensure proper approval received and assist with invoice payment process;
- Validate the year end accruals and follow-up on the accruals the following year.
- Participate in the Budget Transfers between Construction, Development, Leasing and Contingency for the MFR.
- Assist and participate in maintaining project forecasts (Forecast to Complete) during construction;
- Follow deals in Tips leasing to reflect rents and tenant allowances in the Leasing activity report.
- Assist and participate in the Costs to Complete reports for Asset Management, when needed.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of the Monthly Financial Review report;
- Prepare elements of the Monthly Financial review; comprehensive analysis on key components of the development, identifying key issues impacting profitability;
- Assist departments that have role in the Forecast to Complete by providing financial tools; Prepare monthly cash calls for co-owners;
- Understand and comply with key control measures and internal policies to ensure safeguarding of funds;
- Assist with transition to Operations by providing data, as required;
- Assist with payments of tenant allowances ensuring timely and accurate payments;
- Work with Tenant Coordination to ensure a schedule is maintained showing all tenants, allowances and terms of payout.
- Attend development, FAC MFR and Budget meetings, when needed;
- Assist in preparing and providing financial information and reports as required, including Quarterly Board reporting and Year End reporting.
- Participate in the implementation of invoicing and Development systems and tools; Validation of data between the systems (PTP / JDE / Development Tool / Leasing Tool)
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience in accounting, preferably in the real estate industry;
- A business degree or accounting diploma is necessary;
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, cost control, accounting and forecasting knowledge;
- Proactivity, forward thinking and results orientation
- Good synthesis skills, interpersonal skills, dynamism, organized, attention to detail and presentation of information;
- Team spirit, autonomy, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills and an excellent overall knowledge of Word and Outlook is necessary;
- Knowledge of J.D. Edwards an asset;
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written);
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.