In this role you will be part of the payroll team and report to the paymaster.
- Compile and verify documents relevant to payroll preparation for payroll assistants
- Be the resource person to assist system users with their inquiries (access, approval questions, support)
- Work with the HR team for employee arrivals and departures
- Participate actively in the analysis of certain profit items and prepare the different payment requests related to benefits (eg WSIB, CSST)
- Build reports in the Nethris payroll system to serve different teams requiring information
- Document and participate in the implementation of payroll internal controls
- Prepare various reports in place with payroll: holidays, termination of employment, insurance
- Set up pay code setup for corporate ledger codes
- Participate in initiatives and payroll process optimization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in French and English.
- Minutia, rigor and analytic sense
- Knowledge of Outlook Suite.
- Knowledge of the Nethris payroll system
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Ability to navigate in a constantly changing environment
- Discretion in handling confidential data.
- Customer Service Concern
Education and Experience
- Have a college diploma
- ACP certification (an asset)
- About 3-4 years of experience in a similar position