Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets at December 31st, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Finance - Offices
Position type : Salaried
The incumbent is in charge of managing and organizing all activities related to the production of financial data for the Quebec Office portfolio. He or she assists the Property Management and Leasing teams by providing recommendations regarding financial factors that may impact the portfolio’s performance, particularly non-standard financial terms in leases. He or she assesses the financial standing of potential tenants to assist with decision-making around leasing activities. The incumbent also supervises employees, reviews the files they have compiled and ensures they meet deadlines and submit accurate information. He or she liaises with other departments (Property Management, Treasury, Leasing, Capital Projects, Legal Services, Property Taxes, Asset Management, Legal Affairs) as needed to share or obtain necessary information. Lastly, he or she contributes to the internal and external auditing process with the various stakeholders.
- Check and approve periodic reports (financial statements, variance analyses and other reports related to accounts receivable);
- Ensure the accuracy of financial data and maintain the integrity of accounting records for all Quebec office properties;
- Liaise with and maintain high-quality business relationships with other departments (Property Management, Treasury, Leasing, Construction, Legal Services, Asset Management, etc.);
- Plan and coordinate the various audit processes (internal, external, tenant, sales tax);
- Manage the budget process, quarterly analyses and year-end procedures;
- Oversee tracking budgets for capital projects and lease transactions and recommend steps to address cost overruns;
- Serve as in-house expert to oversee implementation of and improvements to monitoring tools, policies and accounting procedures related to managing office properties;
- Evaluate the financial standing of potential tenants and issue recommendations to limit financial risks;
- Address issues faced by the accounting team and ensure that they are resolved;
- Comply with the partnership agreement regarding financial and accounting concerns;
- Coordinate ad hoc requests from various groups (Asset Management, Valuation, Corporate Accounting, etc.);
- Evaluate risks and financial impacts and provide recommendations regarding negotiation of non-standard financial terms;
- Check and approve audited operating expense statements and auxiliary cost calculations, including year-end adjustments (13th invoice);
- Supervise and train employees and support skills development to ensure an independent and engaged operational accounting team for Quebec Office properties;
- Set departmental objectives, communicate them to employees, set personal goals for staff members and provide ongoing feedback as part of the performance review process;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- University degree in accounting and recognized accounting designation (CPA);
- Six to nine years of relevant experience, with at least five years in operational accounting for commercial real estate;
- Excellent ability to analyze and resolve problems and to compile, interpret and distill complex information;
- Team spirit; ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Motivated, independent, proactive and detail-oriented;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Excel in particular; familiarity with JD Edwards, an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English, a must.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.