Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : EVP, Office, North America
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Investments, Office, North America, the incumbent helps execute investment strategies for the office market in North America, in accordance with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s business plan. He or she analyzes and recommends investment opportunities, coordinates due diligence activities, participates in negotiations and arranges the transfer of each file to asset management once the transaction is complete.
Specific duties include the following:
- Assist the Senior Vice President, Investments, in analyzing real estate deals;
- Coordinate and revise the financial analyses of investment projects prepared by the group’s analyst; evaluate project strengths and weaknesses and make a recommendation to continue or discontinue the project;
- Coordinate due diligence activities and the production of documents for committee decision-making;
- Draft documents about investment projects to present for approval by the various levels of decision-making;
- Help negotiate deals and participation agreements for investment projects and/or partnerships;
- Coordinate the activities of various internal departments (legal affairs, taxes, insurance, etc.) and external services (market, financial, business plan, physical/structural and past performance analyses for partners/developers related to investment activities);
- Coordinate consulting projects assigned to professionals hired as part of the due diligence process for investment projects; check their work;
- Prepare the relevant documentation and supporting paperwork for investment due diligence to regularly monitor and demonstrate compliance with internal procedures;
- Monitor transactions carried out in conjunction with the asset management teams in each respective market;
- Monitor target markets and maintain a network of industry contacts (appraisers, brokers, property managers, etc.) to obtain the up-to-date information necessary to properly assess markets and investment projects.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, business administration, real estate or accounting;
- Graduate degree, an asset;
- C.App., CPA and/or CFA designation, or equivalent, an asset;
- Six to nine years of relevant experience;
- Proven skill at financial modelling;
- Interest in real estate investing;
- Talent for financial analysis;
- Ability to establish productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proactive, forward-thinking and results-oriented;
- High level of proficiency in Argus, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Availability to travel locally and abroad with minimal notice;
- Availability to work flexible hours;
- Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Excellent command of written and spoken French and English with good business writing skills;
- Ability to distill and present information effectively; strong attention to detail; dynamic and outgoing;
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a team mindset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.