Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Strategy & Operations
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Director, Asset Management, Office, North America, the incumbent works closely with the Senior Director, Asset Management, Industrial, North America. He or she manages designated assets in the North American office and industrial portfolios. In this role, he or she participates in various management committees and monitors the business plan and budget for each asset until disposition. The incumbent conducts analyses and issues recommendations regarding finance, operations and strategy. He or she also liaises between external managers and partners and the Company’s various business units.
- Oversee the management of designated assets in order to maximize their rate of return, value and compliance with various investment agreements, in accordance with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s business practices;
- Supervise senior financial analysts in their asset management work;
- Monitor business plans and the annual budget process, conduct financial analyses and recommend solutions for improving profit margins;
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial and management reports and compare with approved business plans and budgets; prepare a summary and issue the appropriate recommendations;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders with regard to financial and management information;
- Regularly and concisely report on designated assets;
- Represent the Company on various management committees and maintain excellent business relationships with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s partners;
- Prepare analyses and documents for approval by the appropriate internal committees;
- Prepare the necessary analyses and presentation documents required to review designated assets;
- Contribute to the semi-annual fair market valuation process for designated assets;
- Analyze projected rates of return (Argus) for designated assets and recommend the use of assumptions specific to the respective markets;
- Conduct ad hoc analyses of the financial impacts of proposed changes to the leasing plan and major capital projects;
- Analyze and recommend the adoption of annual operating/capital budgets and business plans for designated assets within the allotted timeframes;
- Analyze, characterize and review asset disposition opportunities in line with the strategic plans for the business unit and for the Company as a whole; make the corresponding recommendations;
- Analyze and recommend requests to transfer funds associated with assets under management;
- Visit properties as stipulated in the calendar established with the immediate supervisor;
- Ensure monitoring and risk management measures are in place for assets under management;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration or real estate. Graduate degree in a relevant discipline would be an asset;
- CFA or C.App. designation an asset;
- Six to nine years of relevant experience;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English;
- Team-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, driven and committed to continuous quality improvement;
- Strong analytical, information processing and communication skills;
- Available to travel regularly for work.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.