(Work place: Lévis, Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-10Among other tasks, the Insurance and Wealth Management Monitoring Administrative Department is responsible for carrying out strategic and national audit mandates in various sectors such as property and casualty insurance, life insurance and wealth management.As internal auditor, you will provide the organization with assurance regarding the degree of control of its operations, validating the measures implemented by Desjardins Group to carry out the strategic plan (including client experience), and thus contributing to creating added value for the organization.You will take on a leadership and influencer role in audit mandates pertaining to the organization’s business processes and also to the monitoring of its priority projects. These mandates will be of a strategic, complex, cross-sector nature and will be highly innovative.You will provide value-added recommendations based on the mandates performed and will communicate the results of your work to the appropriate authorities. Coordination will be critical, and you will be required to interact with a large number of stakeholders who are experts in a variety of fields. As such, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills.You will make recommendations on the development and delivery of files and projects with a very high degree of operational and conceptual complexity that require analysis and a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of the business and the organization. Coordination will be critical, meaning you will be required to interact with a large number of stakeholders who are experts in a variety of fields. As such, you will need highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Help plan and carry out internal auditing work in accordance with the annual plan.
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization’s activities in order to arrive at an independent appraisal of the risk management, control and governance processes. Make recommendations on the quality of activities, as applicable.
- Present the results to the managers and officers responsible for audited activities.
- Monitor the application of the action plans prepared by the managers, following the release of the internal audit reports.
- Provide opinions, by means of advisory mandates, on governance, risk management and project management.
- Demonstrate an interest in developing your knowledge of IT risk.
Other working conditions
- Work location: Montreal or Levis, depending on the candidate's preference
- Number of jobs available: 2
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Master’s degree or other type of graduate degree (an asset)
- Six years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
- CPA designation (an asset)
Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic mindset
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
General finance and accounting (FG)