THE ROLE: HR Business Partner - Payroll Specialist
Our client, a large international private company, is looking for a Partner HR specialist - Payroll specialist . We are looking for a candidate to fill this new position within the dynamic team of the Montreal division. This role is in Montreal and will be the main point of contact for all HR and payroll inquiries. The selected candidate will report directly to the President, located in the United States.
This is a full-time management position. Key responsibilities include HR support and payroll administration for employees in Canada and the United States, facility maintenance and building security. This position requires a candidate with strong organizational skills and a willingness to invest in order to support the business objectives of the company.
The main responsibilities include the functions of HR generalist and the administration of payroll for employees in Canada and the United States, facility maintenance and building security.
Specifically, the responsibilities of the HR Business Partner - Payroll Specialist will include:
- Ensure that hours are classified and distributed among the right cost centers throughout the organization
- Administer bid accumulation payroll (hourly and hourly), as well as special payments, and submit the completed payroll to ADP (biweekly) for the Canada and United States divisions.
- Review the returned payroll to to validate the accuracy of the data
- Prepare and transmit payments for the es RPP, RRSP, 401K, all applicable garnishments, benefits administration, annual review and other compensation functions and analyzes, as required
- Update the system pays and (if applicable) the electronic timekeeping system with all relevant information for new employee configurations, department transfers, changes to personal information, changes in employment status and changes in payroll deductions pay
- Assist the company's human resources department as needed by participating in daily activities (recruitment, training and project support)
- Maintain employee files throughout the organization
- Maintain the system for monitoring personnel files, including personal information, information on wages and salaries, job descriptions, annual objectives, performance reviews rmances, the education and training journal, the security program, etc.
- Prepare the records of employment if necessary, within the deadlines prescribed by law
- Act in as manager of the pay and benefits program as required and directing the compliance of the company with all existing requirements of government and labor relations
- In charge of the administration of the building security
- Responsible for security procedures to include semi-annual security exercises
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as an HR generalist with previous experience in pay and benefits administration
- Bilingualism, oral and written
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations and laws on employment in Canada and Quebec applicable to the administration of pay,benefits and pensions in Canada, as well as federal and state laws for VT, PA and NY
- Working knowledge and experience with ADP pay systems required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications - Excel Focus
- Strong work ethic and team spirit
- A high degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal with confidential documents with sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate with different management levels
- Decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Possess effective organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide flexible working hours to meet operational needs
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and live Visit our website.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of employment equity.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of high potential professionals, middle and senior managers. We support all of our clients and candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.