(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a fund accountant, you help manage financial accounts in accordance with the organization’s objectives by producing reports; performing audits, inspections and financial simulations; and analyzing risks, profits and losses. In addition to ensuring financial performance, you help plan and review budget processes. You help manage and control the organization’s accounting systems by gathering, processing and recording financial data to accurately reflect the organization’s economic activity. You assist with product and service pricing and financial engineering, financial market transactions, and tax law analysis (including payroll).You serve as technical expert and provide discipline-specific support for your unit’s activities, initiatives and processes. The ability to tailor your approach as needed is therefore essential. You research and analyze processes, information management and data processing.You draw on your sound decision-making skills to solve technically complex problems and recommend ways to change or adjust methods and procedures to make them as effective and efficient as possible.
More specifically, you will work in a sector dealing with accounting concepts for investments at fair value. You will perform the monitoring and validation activities required to ensure the quality of the unit values of investment funds and/or pension funds while ensuring that you meet deadlines. You will also prepare the statistics and other financial information required for the investment funds and the pension funds.
- Provide technical support for projects and complex operational issues.
- Carry out specialized technical studies, research and analysis, and serve as resource person for the submission of solutions and action plans.
- Roll out and maintain software as well as manual and automated processes, and provide user training.
- Draft technical notes to help improve the skills and knowledge of users and their work teams.
- Contribute to the unit’s skills development. Target training needs and ensure follow-up.
- Assist various stakeholders in applying standards, processes and business solutions, and in using tools and systems related to your unit’s activities and operations.
Other working conditions
- Schedule : 8:30 to 16:30
- Temporary work : scheduled to end on : 05-02, 2020
- Number of job available : 1
- College diploma in a relevant field
- Three years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English (level 3)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Ambiguity, Communicates effectively, Complexity, Drive results
1253, avenue McGill College Montréal
General finance and accounting (FG)