(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-09As a financial performance and budget advisor, you help design, institute, update, analyze and monitor strategies and solutions related to income and expense accounting. You help structure and track financial results, produce budget forecasts, invest in pension plans and improve financial performance. You advise and assist clients and partners as part of intervention and development initiatives. You recommend solutions to improve or optimize standards, policies and programs. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work. You prepare recommendations, solutions and action plans based on the organization’s objectives and priorities. You help solve complex problems using your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of your line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
More specifically, you work closely with the IT Operations Division to bring the various strategic financial files in line with major agreements. Among your duties, you are responsible for monitoring financial performance (actual results, projected budgets, etc.) tied to agreements. You have an excellent grasp of the various contract clauses and their specifics. You also provide a framework and direction for the budget process in relation to the division served.
- Manage or contribute to special projects and mandates in your field of expertise
- Design, develop, improve, implement and monitor action plans, solutions and tools related to financial analysis, the budgeting process and financial performance
- Carry out complex financial analysis requiring in-depth knowledge of your area of expertise
- Represent your unit on various committees, such as management committees, steering committees, project committees and others.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of four years of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Holding an accounting title CPA (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Good command of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Knowledge of contracts (outsourcing arrangements)
- Knowledge of Oracle (an asset)
- Knowledge of the IT sector (an asset)
- Knowledge of the banking sector (an asset)
- Good command of written French
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Complexe Desjardins Montréal
General finance and accounting (FG)