Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every chance to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Resolu Montreal Office Quebec Canada location in Quebec, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting. This job is temporary, Analyst, Financial Reporting
You are stimulated by the preparation of financial statements where the information comes from multiple systems? You are able to act quickly with a minimum of planning and supervision? You are keenly interested in identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing such changes? If so, this position may be what you are looking for.
As a member of the financial reporting department, your main responsibilities will be to prepare financial reporting packages for the executive management and the financial information disclosed in the quarterly earnings release. As part of a publicly traded company, you will prepare the consolidated financial statements, you will work closely with your colleagues to ensure the financial information needs are properly answered and you will develop continuous improvement strategies to improve the various processes. Your key contributions will include the following:
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages, including balance sheet analytical reviews, for the executive management team;
- Prepare the press release statements and notes included in the quarterly earnings release, as well as the quarterly financial summary;
- Prepare the investor relations financial package (including statistical data), as support for the financial information included in the quarterly earnings release and earnings call;
- Assist in the preparation of the financial reports 10-Q/10-K, including the commitments schedules, and ensure completeness by overseeing the disclosure checklist, on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Calculate and report the Company’s debt covenants on a quarterly basis.
Reporting to the Director, Consolidated Reporting, you will be part of a dynamic accounting team who mutually help each other to reach common objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a professional accounting designation (CPA);
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as an Accountant, including consolidated financial statement preparation and related accounting work with a large company and/or similar experience in a Big 4 firm;
- Knowledge of SAP, an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in both official languages;
- Strong analytical skills, with an attention to details, and the ability to make appropriate decisions rapidly on the basis of experience and judgment even when you have incomplete information and/or you are under pressure
- Experience with publicly registered companies and a working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel and solid technical skills; and
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 manufacturing facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.