The CSL Group Inc. (“CSL”) of Montreal, Canada is a world-leading provider of marine dry bulk cargo handling and delivery services. Through its major operating divisions, Canada Steamship Lines, CSL Americas, CSL Australia, CSL Asia and CSL Europe, CSL owns and operates a highly diversified fleet of specialized self-unloading vessels, off-shore transshippers and Handysize bulk carriers, and delivers more than 78 million tonnes of cargo to industrial customers annually. CSL's history can be traced back to 1845.
At CSL, we are committed to the wellbeing of our crews and employees, and to promoting a corporate culture that values high ethical standards, a safe and healthy workplace and respect for the environment. A career with CSL is both stimulating and challenging, and we are continually seeking skilled and passionate individuals to occupy key roles throughout our company.
For more information on CSL Group, please visit our website:.
Duties and responsibilities
Financial Analyst will support different areas of the Center of Excellence (COE) between the following:
Support operational efficiency and optimization:
- Performs quantitative analysis of operational and financial data, supports development of qualitative and executive narratives;
- Support enhancement of CSL’s Cost Saving Program and process;
- Collaborate with Digital Transformation Team, help quantify, measure and monitor efficiency gains and gaps;
- Support quarterly forecast and budgeting process;
- Perform various financial analysis using a wide range of data sources and tools including Power BI;
- Create reports / dashboard based on analyses;
- Support business unit understanding of value-based metrics and performance measurement process across CSL;
- Support establishing post investment performance attribution framework and process;
- Support monitoring of alignment of financial plan with executions of operational plans;
Corporate Finance and Investment Analysis:
- Perform financial, valuation, and investment return analysis on M&A deals;
- Support strategic planning process and long- range enterprise forecasting including scenario analyses;
- Provide decision support for new strategic initiatives through quantitative and qualitative analysis (modeling, presentation, etc.);
- Support enhancement of governance of investment review and approval process;
- Develop process / tools that support the development of value creation / growth initiatives within the organization including innovation and transformation;
- Conduct benchmarking initiatives and competitive analysis.
Qualification and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting or similar;
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) candidate preferred;
- Minimum 3-5 years of finance experience;
- Strong knowledge of excel, power query & power pivot;
- Experience in Power BI an asset;
- Highly analytical and inquisitive; attention to detail;
- Ability to work autonomously and in a group setting as required, ability to prioritize;
- Self-starter / takes initiative;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and customer-centric mindset;
- Ability to synthesize, contextualize and communicate business information across the organization;
- Ethical, accountable and results driven;
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination as of October 31st, 2021.
This is a full time, salaried position. CSL offers a competitive salary, employee bonus program and comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.