Looking for a friendly work environment where you'll have the opportunity to hone your skills by collaborating on a wide variety of projects within an experienced team. That's what you'll find at La Capitale.
You'll take on the following business challenges:
You perform reconciliation work on Transition Accounts for Business Units, identify discrepancies, and follow up with business units. You support internal customers in their financial accounting needs for their day-to-day transactions and when implementing new business solutions. You also participate in the preparation of the financial statements of Group entities and special mandates. More precisely:
- Monthly reconcile transitional accounts from business unit operating systems in the life and health insurance business with general ledger, identify discrepancies and follow-up with business units.
- Obtain documentation and lists that support business-specific balance sheet accounts to reconcile them.
- Provide accounting support to business units for accounting for current and special general ledger transactions.
- Get involved in the accounting aspect when implementing new business solutions to ensure that the ledger entries are adequate and well supported by lists or reports in the new application.
- Have a college diploma in accounting techniques or the equivalent.
- Accumulate a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Know how to establish good collaborative relationships with business units.
- Master the Excel software.
- Master the spoken and written French language.
- Know PeopleSoft and Longview systems an asset.
- Be very autonomous.
- Have a great ease of learning operational software.
* Selected candidates will have to pass an accounting test and an Excel test.