Reporting to the President of Pulsar360 and overseeing a team of 4 persons, you will be responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions, some of them being outsourced and some functions being performed by SherWeb, the parent company.
Primary responsibilities include monthly, quarterly and yearly billing, supervising the monthly close process; supervising accounts receivable and collections, payroll, and monthly financial reporting partnering with SherWeb. You will assist in monthly preparation of a forecast; assist in the annual preparation of a budget; work with SherWeb to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and assist a third party provider with the annual tax return. You will design and provide reports as requested.
As the Finance Manager / Controller, you will be a key leader for the accounting operations of a rapidly growing company. In addition to accounting operations, you will be responsible for overseeing the systems and software used by the company to process billing and do reporting. You will provide technical accounting expertise and be responsible for the development of a high performing accounting team. The ability to understand the "big picture" is a business skill that you master! As a key part of your role, you will strategically develop, implement and improve systems as well as putting in place processes and procedures with strong and standardized internal controls.
To be successful in this role and aligned with our company culture, you must :
- Be experienced in building and managing a Finance team.
- Be enthusiastic, hands-on and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess the ability to motivate, coach, train and discipline team members.
- Be able to communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees and maintain professional composure during adverse situations.
- Be renowned for your exceptional organizational skills as it is required to succeed in this position.
- Be absolutely fluent in English - Bilingualism (French/English) will be an asset.
- Have the ability to manage remote and geographically dispersed team.
This position is based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada in the office of the parent company, SherWeb inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring process for new Finance staff
- Fluent in GAAP Financial practices and reporting
- Provide Executive Level review of financial performance and provide management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Collaborating with the accounting department of the parent company and providing reports
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial reports
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Management of the monthly and quarterly and yearly billing cycles and close process ensuring timeliness and accuracy of the financial results
- Manage the collection process with internal resources and a third party collection company
- Oversee third party service providers including those involved in taxes, banking, and compliance
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, reconciliations or other analytics as requested
- Ensure transactions are recognized in accordance with relevant accounting standards and the Company's accounting policies
- Reconcile vendor/customer account balances and resolving discrepancies
- Manage assigned projects for the Finance team
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Equivalent of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business Administration
- 5+ years-related experience managing a Finance Department
- Experience managing a Finance team for a Telecommunication Company is a major advantage
- Exceptional computer skills in the operation and functioning of all programs used by the organization, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and ability to learn and master the use of other software used to process Financial functions