About our Client
Our client, Ratelle, Ratelle & Associés, enjoying an excellent reputation, works in the areas of legal services and succession strategy. The largest team of legal experts in Lanaudière, the company is growing and wishes to offer superior quality services to as many people as possible. The team offers a variety of consulting and professional services to a diverse clientele, tailored specifically to their legal, operational and strategic needs.
It was in 1968 that Maîtres Gilles and Luc Ratelle established the foundations of a new law firm in Joliette. Young, dynamic and efficient, the founding members of Ratelle, Ratelle & Associés have built an enviable and solid reputation over their success. Today, the firm offers a full range of legal services to individuals, businesses and institutions. To better serve our clients and maintain a high standard of excellence, our firm has continued to add competent lawyers at the cutting edge in most areas of law practice, supported by experienced collaborators and passionate about the legal field.
This is a team determined to maintain a tradition of excellence as advisers, negotiators, advocates and mediators.
Ratelle, Ratelle & Associés shines in Lanaudière with its offices located in Joliette and Repentigny.
Culture and values
A human approach, a spirit of collaboration and mutual aid that prevails daily. The bonds that form their team of lawyers, technicians, assistants and support staff allow them to work closely with each other and thus do things differently.
Our client is looking for a Financial Director to join their dynamic and diverse team of experts. The selected candidate will have the chance to work in a stimulating environment and participate in various committees, including the management committee.
The Financial Director will act as custodian of performance and sound financial management.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of monthly internal financial statements, quarterly financial statements and documentation for the annual audit
- Analyze and make recommendations in connection with the financial statements and the table of associates distributions
- Work closely with the General Manager as well as with other directors to participate in growth strategies and support operational and tactical decision-making.
- Manage the integrity of the cycle as well as the accounting processes and oversee the various accounting activities
- Create financial dashboards and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Participate in the management committee, the investment committee, the board of partners by invitation, and meetings with professionals and government stakeholders
- Set up a profitability analysis process and update the cost price process
- Evaluate and make recommendations in connection with investment projects
- Supervise IT activities and ensure the optimization of processes related to technologies
- Review the company’s accounting processes and procedures while ensuring their continuous improvement
- Take charge of budget forecasts and ensure follow-up
- Optimize and supervise invoicing and credit policy
- Supervise and coordinate the work as well as ensure the support and training of the accounting staff under his responsibility
- Ensure that internal controls are following company policies and procedures while ensuring their effectiveness
- Make sure to carry out the negotiations and follow-ups necessary to maintain good relations with financial institutions
- Participate in the recruitment, management, training and mobilization of the employees under his responsibility
- Assist the Director General in some of the special projects
- Any other related tasks related to the role
Qualifications required Formation
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Have a minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience relevant to the function
- Experience in a professional services company
- Have worked in an SME
- Experience with the full accounting cycle
- Experience in supervising staff
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment (an asset)
- Mastery of the complete accounting cycle
- Experience in a project accounting environment (an asset)
- Excellent command of the Office suite (particularly Word and Excel)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have great rigour and have the attention to detail
- Demonstrate good leadership skills and good teamwork skills
- Show perseverance, tenacity and have a good political sense
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships within the organization
- Show dynamism, stature and great intellectual curiosity
- Be professional and credible
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and our Website
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential. We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.