MISSION OF THE POSITION
Reporting to CEO of CVL North-America, the Finance and Accounting Manager is responsible for the accounting, financial and risk management operations of the company. As a member of senior management, this position is responsible for taking on a leadership role in developing financial and operational strategy and procedures to improve the financial health of the company.
TASKS & DUTIES
1. Define Strategy and set up reporting
- Develop financial strategy for North American market
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on business performance, including financial/P&L and KPI’s/metrics
- Act as business partner with other departments to help them to build their budget. On a monthly basis, challenge budget stakeholders on their budget to ensure alignment.
3. Accounting: In collaboration with the Chief Accounting:
- Supervises the Accounts Payable, Account Receiving, and general accounting teams to ensure all financial and tax reporting deadlines are met
- manage monthly closing process including ensuring all journal entries are recorded, analyzing financial statements and researching variances to budget / forecast and prior year.
- Give bank approvals for payments.
4. Manage year-end closing
- Manage annual Audit process with our external consultant
- Manage tax system process for US & CA with our external consultant
5. Compliance and risk management
- Ensure compliance with local and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage cash flow and forecasting
- Advise on long-term business and financial planning and identify financial risks for the company
- Update and improve processes for internal controls, budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting
6. Team Management:
- Motivate and manage Finance and accounting team (3 employees)
- Manage performance
7. Other mandates:
- Payroll management, including managing relationship with our payroll suppliers
- Build strong relationship with peers in Headquarters in Switzerland and in other markets, in other to share best practises.
- Manage annual insurance and collective insurance renewals
- Manage relationship with our IT supplier
- Highly collaborative; working with and through others in a team-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail imperative
- Demonstrate competence in analytics (numeric/data processing and interpretations)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with both internal and external customers.
- Team Management and leadership skills.
- Fluent English and French in both writing and speaking
- Excellent knowledge of Office Suite especially Excel (Advanced Level).
- CPA Certification
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7 years experience Finance and/or accounting
- Experience in the Beauty and/or luxury industry is preferred
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATIONS
Should be able to travel freely throughout North-America.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATIONS
Status: full time /40 hours
CVL Cosmetics North America
6300 Avenue Auteuil, Suite 204
Brossard, QC. J4Z 3P2