Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Real Estate Investment Funds
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Real Estate Investment Funds, the incumbent has a thorough understanding of the structure and agreements behind investments in designated real estate investment funds. He or she analyzes all available information regarding specific investments by these funds, seeking out further information as needed. He or she makes recommendations to the Senior Vice President, Real Estate Investment Funds, as to the steps to take to increase investment and partnership performance. The incumbent also determines the reasons for any variances between real and expected returns, performs due diligence on potential investments and oversees the various internal management reports. He or she maintains excellent business relationships with external partners, stakeholders (brokers, appraisers, lawyers, other partners in the fund, etc.) and internal departments (IC and CDPQ). He or she also assists the team in implementing the PropTech strategy.
- Take charge of monitoring a portfolio of real estate investments and co-investments;
- Review and gain a detailed knowledge of the partnership agreements and business plans for each designated investment;
- Ensure adherence to all applicable agreements, procedures and policies;
- Make and present recommendations for actions and strategies to optimize investment performance;
- Make and present recommendations on potential investments related to new commitments or divestments and negotiate partnership agreements;
- Keep a complete record of changes over time in investment funds, including movements in the investments associated with these funds;
- Review quarterly reports and assessments of designated real estate investment funds and co-investments;
- Monitor partners’ business plans and compare real and expected returns;
- Generate updates on changes in investments and present to management;
- Create and maintain close ties with partners and other relevant stakeholders to build preferred relationships and identify investment opportunities;
- Supervise and approve requests for injections of capital, notices of distribution and performance calculations;
- Conduct monthly reviews of cash flows for designated funds and co-investments;
- Answer questions as required about designated investments;
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor or required as part of the job;
- Support the implementation of the PropTech strategy by working with internal stakeholders to identify the Company’s needs and assessing investment opportunities (funds and co-investments).
- Undergraduate degree in finance, administration or real estate; graduate degree in a relevant field, an asset;
- Professional designation (CPA, CFA or C.App.), an asset;
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience in fund and partnership management or real estate investment management;
- Experience in venture capital, technology investment or PropTech, an asset;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Proactive and detail-oriented with a talent for analyzing and processing information;
- Team-oriented, self-directed and inquisitive with a sense of initiative and a commitment to ongoing quality improvement;
- Availability to travel occasionally for work.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.