ROLE: Director of Finance
Our client, a dynamic young company experiencing rapid growth with many acquisitions and strategic alliances , working in the services field, located in Montreal, is looking for a Finance Director.
Reporting directly to the President - Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will be responsible for the implementation, continuous improvement and smooth operation of the company's accounting activities .
He will be called to:
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting business functions
- Support management by providing essential information to make informed and optimal decisions
- Evaluate current accounting activities while providing recommendations to ensure continuous improvement and implementation of new processes
- Actively participate in the management committee and various special projects
- Participate in the analysis of acquisition opportunities and advise the company during due diligence while participating in the financial analysis of the profitability of acquisition targets
- Manage the accumulation and reconciliation of all financial data needed to accurately report consolidated business results
- Ensure the production of financial statements on a monthly, periodic and annual basis
- Perform analysis of balance sheet accounts, income statement and variances
- Preparing the end of the month
- Coordinate the activities of the external auditors
- Manage the budget process
- Perform bank reconciliation and liquidity monitoring
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and the related database, make recommendations
- Evaluate accounting systems and internal control systems
- Develop and track business performance metrics
- Analyze performance reports from EDMS and collaborate to improve accuracy and performance
- Overseeing regulatory obligations, which often include tax planning and compliance
- Produce the financial projections needed for funding requests
- Manage cash flow to ensure that the company meets its financial obligations
- Design measurement and performance analysis tools to improve business profitability
- Collaborate on the creation, monitoring and implementation of a dashboard including the main key performance indicators and participate in the identification of improvement and optimization measures
- Put in place management and control mechanisms for asset management and rental properties
- Hire, train and retain accountants
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Possess 5 years to 10 years experience in a similar position
- Experience within a management or service company
- Bilingualism both oral and written
- Mastering the complete accounting cycle
- Experience in a fast growing multi-site environment
- Knowledge of the legal environment and Quebec tax standards
- Excellent mastery of the suiteOffice
- Bilingualism in oral and written form
- Good strategic skills combined with a practical sense developed
- Excellent business sense
- Good communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent analytical skills, meticulousness and precision
- Entrepreneurial temperament and strong propensity for action
- Excellent sense of organization and planning
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Results-oriented and operational excellence
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and sense of initiative
- Energetic team player
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompany all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.