ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client, a leader in the field of distribution and a large company based on the South Shore of Montreal, is looking for a Director of FP&A.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of FP&A will be responsible for the execution of all aspects of the strategic & financial planning processes, delivering comprehensive analysis and financial reporting to support the group.
THE STRATEGIC ROLE: Director of FP&A
As a Director of FP&A, you will with your team own the development and evolution of the financial model that runs the business. You will have the autonomy and the encouragement to bring lessons learned through the entire process from projections, annual plan, cash flow, business case and operating KPI. Your work will be to partner with senior leadership to bring financial acumen to the organization.
Specifically, The Director of FP&A will have roles and responsibilities such as:
- Manage the overall operation and effectiveness of the FP&A function
- Drive alignment on key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure business results and evaluate the health of the business
- Oversee development and orientation of a group of three financial analysts
- Manage the Regional strategic and financial planning processes, the annual operating plan, rolling financial forecasts
- Lead and implement financial planning models, systems, and tools
- Provide insight & understanding of branch trading margin movements, including pricing, volume and mix impacts
- Build decision support model to evaluate investment opportunities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting dashboards for executives and Board of Directors
- Analyze financial results, distilling and synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk and operating performance and communicating key messages to senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with managerial experience being an asset.
- Experience with systems including SAP, Adaptive (an asset)
- Excellent command of French and good knowledge of English both orally and in writing
- A proven leader with the business acumen to translate findings into actionable recommendations and a proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to build consensus and drive strategic projects to completion.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement
- Develop strong collaborative relationships and manage complex projects across multiple teams
- Comfortable with frequent senior leader interaction; this position is highly visible so absolute focus on details, strong communication and executive presence is paramount
- Demonstrated team leadership experience, including managing, building and recognizing high-performing teams with diverse levels of expertise
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, extensive experience building integrated models from scratch, in Excel or other planning applications; and experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- Understanding of key accounting and revenue recognition principles
- Be data and results-oriented with experience in complex business models, metrics and KPIs
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and our Website
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential. We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.