About our Client
Our client, a large company, a leader in its field for several years, located in Downtown Montreal, is looking for a Director Finance & Corporate Projects who will join its finance team. They also offer the possibility of telecommuting in today’s context.
Reporting directly to the Vice-President & Controller, the Director Finance & Corporate Projects will be called upon to contribute to the evolution of the finance function to support the growth of the company.
You will have the chance to collaborate on several stimulating projects, including the evaluation of the future financial system. Among other things, you will aim to ensure you have the right financial systems in place to reduce the time required to produce the required information and further analyze it, provide the right indicators for decision-making, and reduce the time required to integrate acquisitions.
This role will also lead you to work closely with the CFO, the Vice Presidents of Finance from different areas of the company.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead the corporate finance team during an acquisition from the “due diligence” phase until the finalization of the transaction including the acquisition price equation and thereafter, ensure the integration into financial systems
- Coordinate the entire file up to the PPA (acquisition price equation) and integration into financial systems
- Carry out various projects aimed at producing value-added financial information, mainly financial indicators related to the return on investments
- You will be responsible for establishing/defining the indicators, validating them and then automating their production. This last phase will potentially become a project in itself depending on the extent of the work to be done.
- Following the start of production, the task is transferred to the teams concerned so that the information is produced continuously
- You will be called upon to work directly with the CFO as well as with several key players in the organization
- Monitor the indicators linked to the balance sheet, ie. that indicators are produced continuously
- Ensure the evolution of financial systems to produce the required financial information in collaboration with the teams concerned:
- Participate in the selection/analysis/review of the financial system to choose the solution of the future. A project to implement an ERP in factories has just started, the impacts on the financial system must be reviewed. The incumbent will be mainly responsible for the accounting aspect (general ledger and balance sheet) and will work in close collaboration with the concerned sector as well as the finance team
- Ensure the development of the chosen solution for the components under his responsibility
- Lead a project to review the process in terms of capital expenditures from start to finish including all key elements of the process
- Participate in establishing the model for integrating acquisitions into financial systems
- Support the Vice-President & Controller at the end of the quarter/end of the year for the production of various analyzes, as needed.
- Assist the Vice-President & Controller in the following tasks:
- Update of company policies and procedures
- Processes and efficiency improvement projects
- Hold a recognized accounting designation (CPA)
- Have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Having worked in a publicly traded company (an asset)
- Experience in team management
- Mastery of the Office suite
- Good knowledge of financial systems
- Bilingualism both orally and in writing
- Leadership and sense of initiative
- Critical thinking and oriented towards continuous improvement
- Very good analytical skills
- Be results-oriented,
- Decision-making capacity and judgment
- Excellent organizational skills and priority management
- Team player
- Exercises good judgment
- Ability to manage different files with different stakeholders
- Good communicator, comfortable building good relationships
- Interacts with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work under pressure
Why our Client
- The opportunity to enjoy a dynamic and highly stimulating work environment where you can make your mark and lead an impressive career.
- Development opportunities where your opinion counts. Competitive compensation, a pension plan and flexible benefits that you can tailor to your needs and those of your family.
- Employee benefits, such as discounts with suppliers of various products and services, including insurance, data plans, travel and more.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn and our Website
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We subscribe to the principle of fairness in matters of employment.
TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, middle and senior managers with high potential. We support all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.