ROLE: Director - Finance and Administration
Our client, a thriving professional services company headquartered in Old Montreal, is looking for a Director - Finance & Administration to join their dynamic team.
Please note that our client is open to a schedule of 4 days a week.
The Director - Finance and Administration will be responsible for the overall responsibility of the accounting, administrative and other projects. Specifically, his responsibilities will include:
Financial Accounting Management
- Prepare and present the company's monthly and annual financial statements to the management team
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly financial dashboards
- Complete the accounting cycle for the company, its management company and its trust
- Liaise with governments, banks, accounting firm and other professionals
- Prepare monthly billing, track and manage payables and receivables
- Manage and track customer billing cycle, work in progress (TEC) and other customer projects
- Support project teams in their budget tracking
- Approve expense accounts and advisor budgets
- Collaborate on the preparation and follow-up of quotes and purchase orders, when required
- Complete tax reports (federal and provincial)
- Manage employee payroll and liaise with provincial government bodies (Quebec and Ontario)
- Oversee the work of the accounting clerk and participate in the proper development of his / her learning to enable high efficiency and optimal engagement
- Be the resource person to support accounting and project tracking systems
Human Resources Management
- Ensure effective management of human resources
- Manage the mobile holidays, holidays, annual holidays of all the team
- Be the contact person in the group insurance file
- Keep up to date the Employee Handbook, job profiles, employee records and other internal documents
- Participate in the hiring process for new employees and trainees
- Take care of welcoming new employees
- Participate in annual strategic planning
- Manage employee and trainee files (reception, contracts, vacations, absences, group insurance, etc.)
- Manage insurance, leases and ensure the smooth running of offices
- Manage computer and telephone systems
- Negotiate and coordinate the work of technical vendors, such as the IT consultant and others
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Hold an accounting title (an important asset)
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position
- Business Services Professional Experience
- Mastering the complete accounting cycle
- Experience in a project accounting environment
- Pan-Canadian and foreign experience (an asset)
- Experience in a multi-currency environment (an asset)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel proficiency (layout, formula programming, pivot tables, etc.).)
- Have an excellent sense of initiative and organization
- Demonstrate rigor and attention to detail; ensure rigorous follow-ups
- Demonstrate a good sense of autonomy and positive leadership
- Excellent management of priorities and deadlines while demonstrating flexibility
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships both within the organization and with external partners
- Show dynamism, intellectual curiosity and a desire to improve processes to support the company in its growth
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompany all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.