Our client, a private distribution company based in Montreal, is looking for a Director, Finance and Administration to join their management team.
A family business with an entrepreneurial and dynamic culture, our client is proud to have been offering a service of excellence to his clients for more than 50 years by positioning himself as a renowned leader in his field.
The selected candidate will be able to contribute actively to the success of the company by participating in various projects, including the improvement of internal processes and controls as well as the optimization of business processes related to accounting & amp; finances in interaction with other functions and department of the company.
ROLE: Director, Finance and Administration
Reporting to the President, the Director, Finance and Administration supports him in the various processes leading to sound financial management of the company. It prepares, validates, reviews and analyzes the various financial reports and issues strategic, tactical and operational recommendations to management. The finance director must be focused on the rigor of the financial information and therefore he must be comfortable working with the details of the accounting operations and ensuring that the proper controls exist. It must also demonstrate the qualities of an excellent business partner to link with other functions and support the operation of the company both at the operational level and statutory.
More precisely, he will be called to:
- Plan, organize, direct and control accounting and reporting activities based on best accounting practices including ASPE.
- Take part and supervise the production of the financial statements, end-of-month analyzes, the review of the various balance sheet items as well as the various analyzes.
- Support management in strategic decision-making and the achievement of objectives to optimize accounting and financial processes and practices.
- Contribute actively to process improvement to promote best business practices
- Analyze and revise financial reports and management reports to make recommendations
- Manage administrative files such as insurance, government and institutional relations and other projects supporting senior management.
- Create a dashboard (KPI) and track it
- Take charge of the inventory tracking component by ensuring strict monitoring of obsolescence reports and other items to comply with ASPE
- Put in place controls, management tools and monitoring mechanisms with regard to sales and customer service, among other things
- Ensure customer credit approval and proper control of customer accounts
- Supervise and supervise a team of professionals of 7 people so 4 people at credit & amp; collection and 3 people in accounting.
- Holding of a recognized accounting title (CPA, CA)
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience in the distribution field with a high inventory level
- Professional experience in SMEs
- Experience in a context where there is a high volume ofTransaction
- Ease of working with accounting software and technology tools in general
- Experience in personnel management and supervision
- Mastering the complete accounting cycle
- Understanding the complexity of supplier credit requests
- Relevant experience in process improvement
- Expertise in the understanding and application of accounting standards
- Dynamic, proactive and sense of initiative
- Focused on process optimization
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Great rigor and concern for a job well done
- Ability to synthesize and analyze high
- Demonstrate depth
- Excellent understanding of the operational component
- Judgment and high sense of responsibility
- Use discretion and professional judgment
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompany all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.