Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets as of December 31st , 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Finance and Accounting, Retail
Position type: Salaried
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance and Operational Accounting, Retail, the incumbent provides essential support to the Vice President with regard to multiple key reporting and analysis processes within the Finance and Accounting, Retail group and serves as the resource person and control point for all of these processes. He or she supervises the required financial analyses and the production of reports and recommendations for the business unit’s leadership. He or she also plays a key role, in conjunction with other directors, in harmonizing and optimizing departmental processes.
More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing special operational projects, the quarterly analysis of the operating results of the Retail business unit and the annual budgeting process. He or she is also in charge of various financial analyses required on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual or ad hoc basis. He or she manages and supervises a team of three analysts.
Main duties include:
Manage monthly, quarterly and annual processes for various analyses related to the operating results of the Retail business unit:
Lead the analysis and the preparation of the summary of the information obtained, as well as the preparation of presentations for senior management and various meetings, all in close collaboration with key players in the Retail business unit and the organization as a whole;
- Convey monthly results to the business unit;
- Present results to the VP Finance, CFO and COO;
- Serve as an expert resource, be accountable for and act as the control point for the distribution of information related to various processes and any related questions;
Oversee the annual budget process and establish forecasts for the Retail business unit’s operating results:
Manage the analysis of the information obtained, the preparation of the corresponding summary and the collaborative process with the asset management group;
- Prepare and deliver the budget presentation to the VP Finance, CFO and COO;
- Coordinate and finalize the budgeting, processing and analysis of administrative expenses;
- Oversee the aforementioned processes, ensuring that information is presented concisely, accurately and in a way that facilitates its interpretation;
Develop and execute comprehensive analyses of the financial elements of various financial/operating projects (financial modelling, operational KPIs, etc.):
Obtain and analyze financial and management information required to make informed decisions; oversee prerequisite review processes;
- Make and substantiate recommendations to the VP Finance;
Steer and coordinate various analyses required on a regular basis by operations, leasing and development teams; ensure the final versions are sent to internal clients:
Keep tabs on the constantly changing marketplace and analyze the impacts of the unit’s operations to develop and implement innovative KPIs for decision making and value creation purposes;
Serve as an expert and authority for monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting processes: continuously analyze existing processes, recommend and implement changes to simplify these processes and enhance the group’s agility in order to create value on an ongoing basis:
Conduct a diagnostic analysis of the performance of the various processes used at the three sites (Montreal, Calgary, Toronto);
- Develop and recommend innovative solutions in line with the business model and the business plan in place for the Retail business unit;
Direct and supervise the implementation of new budget monitoring systems, processes and reports in line with the strategic orientations of the Retail business unit:
Oversee the implementation and integration of new systems;
- Update reports and financial systems in order to accelerate the processing of, and ensure the overall quality of, financial management information; supervise the process for identifying and analyzing KPIs related to performance, budget monitoring and forecasting;
- Ensure the business continuity plan is updated on a yearly basis;
Review development project pro formas prior to submitting them to various committees for approval:
Gain a clear understanding of assumptions and EBITDA/margin financial impacts for properties and the business units;
- Assist the asset management team in meeting operational monitoring requirements;
- Carry out other tasks requested by the immediate supervisor;
- Lead a three-person team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- CPA designation;
- MBA degree and/or CFA designation an asset;
- Ten to fifteen years of relevant experience in a complex, multi-entity environment, including five years of experience in budget management;
- Ability to present complex financial information clearly and understandably; familiarity with executive-level reporting;
- Familiarity with financing, asset valuation and fair market value concepts;
- Financial modeling skills;
- Proven management and leadership skills;
- Strategic mindset and ability to think outside the box;
- Real estate industry experience an asset;
- Strong analytical and information processing skills;
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and maintain productive interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment;
- Highly organized, self-motivated, results-oriented and proactive;
- Advanced knowledge of office applications (Windows/Office, and specifically Excel and PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of Power BI and Argus;
- Knowledge of Global Fund and JD Edwards an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.