Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Residential and Hotels
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Vice President, Asset Management, Residential and Hotels, the incumbent is part of a team of experienced managers in charge of assets worth nearly C$12 billion as of December 31, 2018. These include almost 40,000 apartments across Quebec, England, Germany and the U.S. The Director is responsible for relations with strategic partners, ensuring investment quality and alignment with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s interests. He or she implements the business plans for each of the investments in an ongoing effort to create value. The incumbent plays an important role as liaison between Ivanhoé Cambridge’s external partners, making effective communication skills paramount to this key role within the Company. Specific duties include the following:
- Oversee the management of designated investments in order to maximize their short- and long-term returns;
- Monitor the progress of approved business plans for assets; ensure they are aligned with market realities and the Residential business unit’s strategic plan; recommend courses of action (disposition, refinancing, repositioning, approval of capital expenditures) to increase profitability;
- Ensure compliance with the various investment agreements (major decisions, compliance with policies and processes, accountability, compensation, etc.) in accordance with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s business practices;
- Represent the Company on various management committees and maintain excellent business relations with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s partners;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders concerning financial and management information;
- Regularly issue financial reports to analyze investment quality, ensure partners’ interests and performance projections are met, and recommend the necessary steps to optimize investment ROI and accommodate partners’ interests;
- Analyze financial reports and monthly/quarterly management reports from partners against approved business plans and budgets; issue the appropriate recommendations and ensure implementation by partners;
- Review and recommend the adoption of annual operating and capital budgets and business plans for each of the assets assigned to him or her and ensure the specified timeframes are met;
- Produce quarterly asset reviews, FMV projections and other reports; comment on internal reports concerning results and performance projections (external assessment reports);
- Work closely with the investment team on due diligence in order to validate financial assumptions, key decisions and reporting requirements for new investments in designated markets;
- Supervise and monitor the status of development and startup projects, in collaboration with Ivanhoé Cambridge’s strategic partners;
- Carry out any other related tasks required as part of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration or real estate; master’s degree in a relevant discipline is an asset;
- Professional title (CFA or C.App.), an asset;
- Seven to ten years of relevant asset management or real estate investment experience;
- Proven experience in initiating startup and development projects;
- Excellent written and spoken French and English;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Accomplished communicator and negotiator;
- Strong analytical and information processing skills;
- Team-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, driven and committed to continuous quality improvement;
- Available to travel regularly for work.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.