ROLE: Analyst - Cost Our client, a leading international private company in the manufacturing and wholesale trade, is looking for a Costing Analyst to be part of the dynamic team of his Montreal division. We are looking for candidates with proven experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing and production environment.
The responsibilities of the Analyst - Cost price include:
- Analyze manufacturing operations, availability and use of equipment.
- Provide stock assessment, planning, study and data collection to determine costs of doing business such as raw material purchases, inventories and labor
- Support cost of goods sold analysis and production reports
- Reconcile raw materials, work in progress and finished goods inventory
- Maintain cost accounting system and cost ledger
- Conduct life cycle cost-benefit analysis and monitor unit cost variances
- Implement cost standards for materials and labor
- Lead the standard cost update process and manage the end-of-year standard cost summary
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Develop and maintain courteous and collaborative working relationships with clients, both internally and externally
- Work cross-functionally to improve process standardization
- Assist the closure of the end-of-month cost accounting.
- Perform end-of-month tasks such as accounting for manufacturing accruals, reducing materials, analyzing purchase price variance, and so on.
- Perform ad hoc analyzes and / or budgeting and accounting functions determined by the plant controller, if necessary, including participation in the monthly closing process and financial reports and analyzes
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience
- Professional title CPA
- Previous professional experience in manufacturing or distribution
- Bilingualism in oral and written form
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Knowledge of integrated manufacturing ERP system (Microsoft NAV - an asset)
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook proficiency
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed and to travel (occasionally)
- Ability to meet security standards, participate in continuous improvement of processes and the company's best manufacturing practices.
- Attention to detail with strong analytical capabilities in planning, organizing and controlling processes.
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle a high volume of work.
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompanyall our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.