ROLE: Corporate Controller
Our client, a start-up company in the field of innovation, international private and located on the North Shore of Montreal, is at the head of a Corporate Controller to support the growth of the company. Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller is a member of the finance department team that supports tasks related to the production of the group's financial information, the implementation of internal control and strategic initiatives.
Specifically, his responsibilities will include:
- Manage the accounting consolidation process of subsidiaries, cash, accrued liabilities, intercompany adjustments and elimination entries
- Monitor the implementation of internal control to support the company in achieving its objectives
- Develop and implement a financial process to optimize the efficiency of the finance department and reduce costs
- Supervise the team (3 people), assume the role of leader and coach of the financial information team
- Participate in the implementation of new business policies
- Oversee the end-of-month process
- Supervise the preparation of financial statements, financial analysis and reporting including dashboards, financial KPIs, information for investors and etc.
- Assume responsibility for all general accounting functions, including: ROs, APs, GLs, payroll and financial systems
- Automate and optimize financial processes to ensure cost savings
- Ensure quality control of financial transactions and reports
- Coordinate and direct the budget process, financial forecasts, and report / report variances to executive committees
- Initiate, prepare and provide ad hoc reports / analyzes and research to support the decision-making of the various stakeholders of the company
- Manage the annual audit process for the group and assist auditors as needed
- Act as a leader in the management of financial information and coordinate training as needed
- Participate and manage the preparation of various obligations with government authorities
- Hold a CPA, CA recognized accounting title
- Have a minimum of ten years of relevant experience
- Professional experience with a large accounting firm (Big4)
- Professional experience within an SME
- Knowledge of the manufacturing sector (an asset)
- Bilingualism in oral and written form.
- Good knowledge of the NCECF standards
- Consolidation experience with multicurrency
- Knowledge of the production cycle and work in progress (TEC)
- Excellent command of Excel (Pivot, Vlookup, etc.)
- Experience with inventory
- Knowledge of pay
- Demonstrate rigor and attention to detail
- Being comfortable in a fast-growing and rapidly changing environment
- Professional Maturity
- Autonomy, initiative and monitoring of results
- Demonstrate dynamism, intellectual curiosity and a willingness to improve processes to support the company in its growth
- Meaningful leadership and being a team player
- Possess an excellent senseinitiative and organization
- Excellent management of priorities and deadlines while demonstrating flexibility
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompany all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.