ROLE: Corporate Controller
Our customer, leader in its field, is a well-established international private company operating in the luxury goods sector. We are looking for a Corporate Controller to be part of the management team to support the very fast growth of operations.
This new role, related to the CFO, will evolve in a very dynamic environment and in a "start-up" mode following an acquisition.
There are a number of exciting challenges that will allow the individual to contribute to the improvement and implementation of the methodology, structure and other management reports needed to support operations and growth strategies.
The responsibilities of the Corporate Controller include:
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting, operational, treasury and tax functions.
- Oversee the consolidation of financial data as well as the month-end closing process and the production of financial reports.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements according to USGAAP accounting standards.
- Directly manage a team of 7 members of the finance and accounting team.
- Clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial results to management, including explanations of variances from the weekly forecast and budget.
- Identify potential improvements in current accounting operations to provide recommendations for improvement and implementation of new processes.
- Develop and monitor KPIs and KPIs.
- Manage a team of 2 assistant auditors in the production of financial statements and gap analyzes leading to senior management recommendations.
- Oversee assistant controllers in all AP & amp; AR, bank reconciliations, interline, asset management, inventory control, purchasing, billing, orders and inventory.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare a periodic report comparing standard costs to these.
- Manage the budget process.
- Coordinate activities with external auditors.
- Protect assets and ensure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing internal audit processes and controls in all departments.
- Evaluate the accounting, internal control and audit systems and the corresponding database.
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance.
- Provide management with other information to support the decision-making process.
- Professional title CPA
- More than 5 years of relevant experience with full responsibility for the finance function.
- Previous professional experience in manufacturing and wholesale trade (an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and accounting standards.
- Knowledge of USGAAP is an important asset.
- Knowledge of integrated manufacturing ERP system (Microsoft NAV - highly recommended)
- Experience in team management
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is an asset
- Skillsorganizational skills
- Attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines
- Proven leadership and problem-solving skills
- Team spirit and collaborative spirit for business success
- Work experience in a rapidly changing environment
Follow TALINKO on LinkedIn.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity. TALINKO is a boutique firm specializing in the recruitment of professionals, high-level middle and senior managers.
We accompany all our clients and our candidates in a constructive and personalized approach.
Please note that the masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.